• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

All books are mine. They are arranged in alphabetical order. Here's Avon for the March 1952 period - :banana:

Nice!!! Especially like the White Princess of the Jungle!!!

No doubt in my mind, there are some hot chicks in that group shot. :luhv:

wonderful shot, sir! i've always been partial to the lucky luciano book.

Thanks everyone. I do also like the Lucky Luciano (a.k.a. Famous Gangsters # 3). It was one of the early additions to my set - (thumbs u

47365-FamousGangsters3s.jpg.05f7bb5e44e945157c2e97b26ac3039c.jpg

What a fabulous newstand that was!

Glad to see you're inching your way to completion! (thumbs u

Great book!! Wonderful colors also. And what a nice title ... The Mountains of Madness. Right away, I'm getting flashes of Lovecraft. I doubt the story is an adaptation though, correct?

I thought the same regarding MoM...Teka Li Li! (thumbs u

What a nice group! That Police Lineup always floored me, I have to remember to find one! How close are you now?

Thank you. The Police Lineup cover as well as that for Lucky Luciano (and I'm sure some others) are reprinted from their paperbacks. I've seen the Lucky Luciano and the Police Lineup paperbacks. I believe that on the paperback the gun isn't outlined in white as it is in the comic version for Police Lineup.

I'm getting ever slowly closer. Believe it or not, I've lost out on 3 or 4 books for the collection on eBay over the last month and 1/2 because I want to keep getting them as usual and not overbid just because. Now, I'm wondering if I shouldn't change my approach ... The Wild Bill Hickok was # 391 so I am now sub-30 needed (29 left to go). When I reach 95% completion, I'll enlist board help. See you in 9 books once I hit the 400 mark. (thumbs u

All books are mine. They are arranged in alphabetical order. Here's Avon for the March 1952 period - :banana:

Wow! I just saw this. (worship)

I've stopped collecting the early 50s books, but seeing this makes me want to get right back in. Awesome. :applause:

Thank you. The Police Lineup cover as well as that for Lucky Luciano (and I'm sure some others) are reprinted from their paperbacks. I've seen the Lucky Luciano and the Police Lineup paperbacks. I believe that on the paperback the gun isn't outlined in white as it is in the comic version for Police Lineup.

I have a large collection of vintage paperbacks.

If you know the titles or issue numbers of the books, I might be able to post scans of the covers for comparision sake. :popcorn: