• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

Sweet collection Mr. B (thumbs u

I received two more books for my Adventure run, so here's the latest group pic. Thanks to Jay for the beautiful #18 & to Ronaldo for the incredibly nice #21 (I still can't believe you sold it :cloud9: )

AdventureGroupShot3.jpg

:applause:

(worship) (worship) (worship)

I received two more books for my Adventure run, so here's the latest group pic. Thanks to Jay for the beautiful #18 & to Ronaldo for the incredibly nice #21 (I still can't believe you sold it :cloud9: )

AdventureGroupShot3.jpg

Now that's pretty...

and I'm not usually a fan of the pre-hero books.

But all together like that, Very Cool!

AdventureGroupShot3.jpg

Wow! :o(worship)

Makes me want to collect pre-hero books! I especially like the surfing cover. That's a Flessel, isn't it?

AdventureGroupShot3.jpg

Now that's pretty...

and I'm not usually a fan of the pre-hero books.

But all together like that, Very Cool!

Great books (worship) (worship) :applause:

Congratulations. I'm happy the #18 went to a good great home.

-Jay

Here's a trio of classic hourglass covers arranged in chronological order. Leading Comics #8 from Fall 1943, Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #40 from January 1944, and All-Star Comics #35 from June/July 1947.

hourglasscoversll1.jpg

Here's a trio of classic hourglass covers arranged in chronological order. Leading Comics #8 from Fall 1943, Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #40 from January 1944, and All-Star Comics #35 from June/July 1947.

hourglasscoversll1.jpg

first time I have seen that "theme".... well done!

Thanks guys. All-Star 35 was always my favorite cover of the run, so much so that I even commissioned Irwin Hasen to do a recreation for me. Then a few years ago I noticed that Leading 8 had a very similar cover. My first thought was that someone had copied Hasen's idea, until I realized the Leading cover was almost 4 years older! After those initial two were on my radar, others began to fall into place. WDCS 40. Uncle Scrooge 12. Showcase 14. All giant hourglass covers! I just think they're so cool.

BZ, no, I don't own any actual hourglasses. I just like comics with them on the cover!