• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

Thanks guys. All-Star 35 was always my favorite cover of the run, so much so that I even commissioned Irwin Hasen to do a recreation for me. Then a few years ago I noticed that Leading 8 had a very similar cover. My first thought was that someone had copied Hasen's idea, until I realized the Leading cover was almost 4 years older! After those initial two were on my radar, others began to fall into place. WDCS 40. Uncle Scrooge 12. Showcase 14. All giant hourglass covers! I just think they're so cool.

BZ, no, I don't own any actual hourglasses. I just like comics with them on the cover!

nice hourglasses fury; very cool.

here's my fledgling 7/40 and earlier fox run [with "summer" '40 included on the green mask and flame debuts, and the weird is august, but i liked it]. having lots of fun on this one.

foxes.jpg

Thanks guys. All-Star 35 was always my favorite cover of the run, so much so that I even commissioned Irwin Hasen to do a recreation for me. Then a few years ago I noticed that Leading 8 had a very similar cover. My first thought was that someone had copied Hasen's idea, until I realized the Leading cover was almost 4 years older! After those initial two were on my radar, others began to fall into place. WDCS 40. Uncle Scrooge 12. Showcase 14. All giant hourglass covers! I just think they're so cool.

BZ, no, I don't own any actual hourglasses. I just like comics with them on the cover!

here's my fledgling 7/40 and earlier fox run [with "summer" '40 included on the green mask and flame debuts, and the weird is august, but i liked it]. having lots of fun on this one.

foxes.jpg

:o

foxes.jpg

Looking forward to seeing those in person next month :wishluck:

foxes.jpg

Looking forward to seeing those in person next month :wishluck:

wish I could see them in person :sorry:

foxes.jpg

All gems!!! But I really like those Blue Beetle covers!!! :applause:

Nice books Billy. Why is the CGC slab on the Mystery Men #9 so much bigger than the other slabs?

spine roll made the width too much for regular slab; i hate that it's in there. maybe i'll crack it.

Nice books Billy. Why is the CGC slab on the Mystery Men #9 so much bigger than the other slabs?

spine roll made the width too much for regular slab; i hate that it's in there. maybe i'll crack it.

save it until next month, I'll crack it for you

FINALLY...

Mystery Men #1 (Denver - Jim Payette)

Mystery Men #2 (Larson - Calvin Slobodian)

Mystery Men #3 (Richard Evans)

Mystery Men #4 (Larson - John Verzyl)

Mystery Men #5 (Larson - private collection/Gene H.)

Mystery Men #6 (Larson - Robert Rogovin)

Mystery Men #7 (Larson - Harley Yee)

Mystery Men #8 (ebay)

Mystery Men #9 (Heritage)

Mystery Men #10 (Larson - former MrBedrock copy :devil: )

Thank You one and all!

000_0177.jpg

FINALLY...

Mystery Men #8 (ebay)

Thank You one and all!

000_0177.jpg

now that is DAMN impressive!

FINALLY...

Mystery Men #8 (ebay)

Thank You one and all!

000_0177.jpg

Wow, amazing run! Congratulations! :applause:

FINALLY...

Mystery Men #8 (ebay)

Thank You one and all!

000_0177.jpg

Truely museum quality books there! Congrats! :applause:

Steve,

That is an awesome group shot, and thanks for the AMF.

But, (and how do say this politely? hm )....

I WANT MY BOOK BACK!!!!! rantrant

Steve,

That is an awesome group shot, and thanks for the AMF.

But, (and how do say this politely? hm )....

I WANT MY BOOK BACK!!!!! rantrant

just about all the "polite" he can ever muster.

Steve, from someone collecting that very run + 2, HOTDAMN, I SAY HOTDAMN!