• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

Some early Spirit sections from the summer of 1940. #1 is on top left, from 6/2/40, and appeared in Sunday newspapers almost exactly 68 years ago!

Killer early Spirits!

Wow, GREAT group shot Alton. Makes me want to run out and buy some GA Actions! :cool: Your collection sure has grown over the past year. :applause:

Cool "D C" shot as well. lol Can you spell out "N O" with your books as an answer to guys like me looking to acquire some of them? :grin:

Too dangerous. Certain people might think that means they're destined for New Orleans!

Jack

(Try living in a state abbreviated KY. No jokes there, right?)

my group shot has grown a bit since my post on the first page of this thread.

I know I don't get any points for diversity, but maybe I'll get a few for collection focus.

GAgroupshot3.jpg

and this one is for Billy Parker :foryou::insane:

very difficult to make a "D" with these things.

DCComicsfloor.jpg

Awesome! :applause:

I know I don't get any points for diversity, but maybe I'll get a few for collection focus.

GAgroupshot3.jpg

DCComicsfloor.jpg

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

I owned that Supes #17 for about 20 years... I bought it at a con in highschool. I sold it last year via Heritage. Nice pick up Dude! (I miss it...)

yes, Gator bought it from Heritage, and then I bought it from Gator. The Supes #17 has become very difficult to get in mid-grade, I'm sure it's because collectors hang onto that one more than the rest. trust me, this copy will be loved for many years. :cloud9:

I owned that Supes #17 for about 20 years... I bought it at a con in highschool. I sold it last year via Heritage. Nice pick up Dude! (I miss it...)

yes, Gator bought it from Heritage, and then I bought it from Gator. The Supes #17 has become very difficult to get in mid-grade, I'm sure it's because collectors hang onto that one more than the rest. trust me, this copy will be loved for many years. :cloud9:

and knowing how much Alton wanted that book, it was my pleasure for it to goto him....not sure there is a better home out there for it!

GAgroupshot3.jpg

DCComicsfloor.jpg

Very very nice!!!! Some there I would LOVE to see for sale more often than I do (like, never!)

Congrats,

FISH

Keeping in the original spirit of the thread:

gagroup2.jpg

gagroup1.jpg

Amazing collection! How did you acquire the books? One by one over a long time, or all at once in a sale? I am new at this, and I have been buying comics one at a time over ebay or other similar sites.

Pretty much one-by-one, over the last 2 years or so.....from a variety of sources -- eBAy, auctions, Metro, local store....just keep looking EVERY day and you shall find (eventually)......oh yeah, you might consider robbing a bank too!! :)

FISH

GAgroupshot3.jpg

DCComicsfloor.jpg

These are amazing Alton! :applause: You must be very proud. I know I am most happy for you.

BTW my birthday is in a couple of weeks just in case you wanted to send me the #59 :grin:

Keeping in the original spirit of the thread:

gagroup2.jpg

gagroup1.jpg

Amazing collection! How did you acquire the books? One by one over a long time, or all at once in a sale? I am new at this, and I have been buying comics one at a time over ebay or other similar sites.

Pretty much one-by-one, over the last 2 years or so.....from a variety of sources -- eBAy, auctions, Metro, local store....just keep looking EVERY day and you shall find (eventually)......oh yeah, you might consider robbing a bank too!! :)

FISH

Thats quite a pile of Actions Fish! :applause: You have chosen some nice books, and many with white pages! Congratulations, and I will look for your future purchases in the "S" thread! (thumbs u

Great shot. I gotta get some racks like that.

when no racks available, go with the pool table.

here's a before and after shot of the fox runs [stopping summer '40]. first one from Jan., the new one today.

foxes.jpg

foxes2.jpg

Great shot. I gotta get some racks like that.

when no racks available, go with the pool table.

here's a before and after shot of the fox runs [stopping summer '40]. first one from Jan., the new one today.

foxes.jpg

foxes2.jpg

(worship)