• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,330 posts in this topic

Exciting Comics - still lack 3, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 24, 25, 26, 34, 38, 40, 51, 54, 55, 59, 60, 61, 63, 64, 69.

#4 at CGC now and #23 on the way too.

2573274c.jpg

53aa466e.jpg

93bd57b2.jpg

Very nice (worship)

My second favorite run of the GA (you can probably guess what my favorite is...)

Very nice (worship)

My second favorite run of the GA (you can probably guess what my favorite is...)

Thanks, Steve - you've helped build this collection when I bought the Exciting #4 from you. Heck so many of these books have come from board members.

Your Pep books deserve at least a few (worship)(worship)(worship)

And since I was going through some books - I hadn't posted a shot of my Heroics run since I acquired #13 (for me the last and hardest one to find - now I have two copies of that issue
:takeit: I mean if, you know, having two is such a burden and all... :devil:

_Wow_.

So jealous. Esp. of that Black Terror # 1. I was outbid on that copy at the live auction in Va. where it sold in April 2007. Were you there or did you bid on eBay/by phone?

For those who can't see, it's a CGC 3.0, but looks VF or higher from the outside. IIRC, an interior wrap or two is detached, which brings it down. Best slabbed 3.0 ever!

_Wow_.

So jealous. Esp. of that Black Terror # 1. I was outbid on that copy at the live auction in Va. where it sold in April 2007. Were you there or did you bid on eBay/by phone?

For those who can't see, it's a CGC 3.0, but looks VF or higher from the outside. IIRC, an interior wrap or two is detached, which brings it down. Best slabbed 3.0 ever!

That was a great auction. I bid by phone - I forget what else I picked up. IIRC, they had some Nedor group lots that went for way too much money I thought at the time. I actually got in trouble on that auction - I was phone bidding while at a restaurant with the wife and kid. The wife was none too happy.

_Wow_.

That was a great auction. I bid by phone - I forget what else I picked up. IIRC, they had some Nedor group lots that went for way too much money I thought at the time. I actually got in trouble on that auction - I was phone bidding while at a restaurant with the wife and kid. The wife was none too happy.

I picked up the Black Terror 5 (5.5), Fighting Yank 9 (6.5) and the Exciting lot that I paid far too much for at the time but included # 27, 29, 30, and 34. In retrospect, glad I did.

Some absentee bidder won an America's Best in the 20s for quadruple guide, and the auctioneer noted that he "must have been the happiest person of the night" because the final price was still way under his max bid. Also noted "looks like we missed one" because they had not sent the book in question to CGC.

The one glitch that happened at the live auction was the auctioneer got confused and skipped a lot. Meant that none of us in the room had a shot at the FY lot of # 3, 6, and 7--clearly among the best of the run.

I picked up the Black Terror 5 (5.5), Fighting Yank 9 (6.5) and the Exciting lot that I paid far too much for at the time but included # 27, 29, 30, and 34. In retrospect, glad I did.

Some absentee bidder won an America's Best in the 20s for quadruple guide, and the auctioneer noted that he "must have been the happiest person of the night" because the final price was still way under his max bid. Also noted "looks like we missed one" because they had not sent the book in question to CGC.

The one glitch that happened at the live auction was the auctioneer got confused and skipped a lot. Meant that none of us in the room had a shot at the FY lot of # 3, 6, and 7--clearly among the best of the run.

At the time I was trying to finish my ABC run and needed a #31. I was amazed at how much those lots went for. Bidding war I assume. That is a heck of an Exciting lot - some real tough ones in there.

I've been slowly picking away at a slabbed run of Pep 22-65 (the Archie/Shield overlap issues) and just filled the holes to give me a 20 book run: 23-42 :) So, here they are...

cgc0910036.jpg

cgc0910039.jpg

cgc0910041.jpg

(worship)

No kidding.

What an impressive run in grade Steve, #27 and 34 being my favorites.

So, as mentioned in the Have a Cigar thread, this is how you avoid scanning over a 1000 books. These are my Four Colors to date. That's 20 stacks of about 50 right there. I look at this and can only wonder how much the supplies alone set me back lol

106609.jpg.0f6f52785e503e5cb9559ff152191299.jpg

So, as mentioned in the Have a Cigar thread, this is how you avoid scanning over a 1000 books. These are my Four Colors to date. That's 20 stacks of about 50 right there. I look at this and can only wonder how much the supplies alone set me back lol

:o How many more do you need to complete the whole Four Color set?

:o How many more do you need to complete the whole Four Color set?

hm