• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery box of approx 150 - 200 GA Comics arriving today

1,277 posts in this topic

In the late 70s i was helping a former Grocery owner sort his issues of comics...GA/SA floor to ceiling, no lie, filled his entire upstairs room (above the store). I had a price guide and knew his grandson...amazing, all beautiful shape, countless runs, very nice. Apparently he put all the comics each month he didn't sell in that room for years, was crazy.

Honestly, all i was trying to do is share the experience with people that may care a bit. My wife couldn't give a rats about comics. If they turn out to be duds, then at least I found a place with a common interest. Hopefully they'll be at least a couple interesting ones in the batch. Personally i'm looking forward to the BLBs, good reading.

We aren't always a bunch of asses. Sometimes we play nice. I am waiting to see what those Batman issues are.

It is kind of depressing sometimes how sarcastic and insulting some on this board can be...as svndst1030 said, not all of us are so quick to attack and doubt. angel.gif

That being said...how about giving me a shot at buying a few of the books if they turn out to be gems? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Didn't include the newspapers??!! 893whatthe.gif

You might want to see if he still has them, and from what years. Particularly if there are any Sunday funnies in there(even up into the 1960's some are good)

Honestly, all i was trying to do is share the experience with people that may care a bit. My wife couldn't give a rats about comics. If they turn out to be duds, then at least I found a place with a common interest. Hopefully they'll be at least a couple interesting ones in the batch. Personally i'm looking forward to the BLBs, good reading.

We aren't always a bunch of asses. Sometimes we play nice. I am waiting to see what those Batman issues are.

It is kind of depressing sometimes how sarcastic and insulting some on this board can be...as svndst1030 said, not all of us are so quick to attack and doubt. angel.gif

That being said...how about giving me a shot at buying a few of the books if they turn out to be gems? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I call dibs on Batman if they are worth anything and go up for sale. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

If I had hung out on the forum as much as you guys have, i'd probably be very gun shy about anyone posting a 'find'. Remains to be seen if this is a find or wasted postage by my Uncle, hopefully it has some things worth talking about.

was reading about the Big Big Tracy, sounds like it was him...i told him to put anything comic related in the box, he had alot of old newspapers also but i don't think he included those.
A word of Caution.

The Tracy Oversized book might be this.--> 1975 DC I had this at one time. Nice read, but probably not what you are hoping for. Same size as those treasury editions.