• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery box of approx 150 - 200 GA Comics arriving today

1,277 posts in this topic

yeah, all my hopes and dreams of striking it somewhat rich, or at least temporarily satisfied, are on a UPS truck headed to Dayton, OH from Tampa Fl

Good Luck! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

May there be a nice Tech 31 and a nice Action 7 in there for ya! hail.gif

i'd be happy with just a couple, maybe three, really nice superhero books from the early 40s or late 30s. For some reason it took UPS 1.5 days to go from Atlanta GA to Sharonville, OH..usually a 12 hour drive. Hopefully there was no rifling going on.

What'd be really cool is if the box had all sorts of JOHN CARTER or TARZAN or WARLORD books in NM condition. Books that no one really wants. Books that you'd be totally willing to send, for cheap, to some guy in Denver.

Yeah, that'd be cool.

What'd be really cool is if the box had all sorts of JOHN CARTER or TARZAN or WARLORD books in NM condition. Books that no one really wants. Books that you'd be totally willing to send, for cheap, to some guy in Denver.

Yeah, that'd be cool.

I'll take any Scamp, or Rin Tin Tin.

i'd be happy with just a couple, maybe three, really nice superhero books from the early 40s or late 30s. For some reason it took UPS 1.5 days to go from Atlanta GA to Sharonville, OH..usually a 12 hour drive. Hopefully there was no rifling going on.

Its because I intercepted the package. Sharonville is less than 15 minutes away and after I heard about your story I snucked the box out when the UPS guy was taking his lunch. insane.gif

would it have been too hard for your uncle to read you the titles of the books he was sending? even if he just gave you the title and the cover blurb, that would have been sufficient to find them on the GCD.

unless you just like suspense...hm

Honestly, i didn't want him touching them too much...the guy used to be a butcher, not sure he has gentle hands. I didn't even feel good about him boxing them up. The words that caused me to have him mail them out were...150-200 1940s comics and some Batman in there, plus the BLBs. That was enough for me.

I'm just about to open a package of comics I just pulled from my mailbox.

Maybe Terry made a mistake and put some 40s Batmans in there instead of those 60s Strange Tales I ordered.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm having trouble believing that a comic collector with market awareness waited patiently for 8 months for 150 original owner G.A. superhero books to be sent out to him.

If this is a hoax though, it's definitely one of the more entertaining. popcorn.gif