• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHO ARE SOME OF THE WORST DEALERS

279 posts in this topic

The seller just emailed me back. He claims that the problem is my fault for not buying insurance. (I dispute that: I claim that even without insurance, it is REASONABLE to expect one's comics to be packaged better than that. Insurance woudl provide reimbursement, but would not solve the problem of why the books were damaged in the first place).

He also justifies his packing by stating he sends ALL his books this way, and that the amount I paid for S&H (which was 3x the actual cost of the postage) was for shipping "...AND handling," so the cost of the four stamps is irrelevant. (I want to know what he thinks "handling" is, and what I'm paying for).

You know what else makes me mad? I bid on this guy after reading his feedback from buyers who PRAISED his packing! I'm as angry at them! I kinda want to email them and ask, "what were you THINKING? Don't you know we buyer read your feedback? When you get books packed like this and call it "great packing!", that misleads those of us who actually WANT good packing!"

It seems to me that the way this problem is dealt with is unreasonable and leaves the seller too many options. Of course trhe seller is expected to package items reasonably.

So, I buy every item I purchase with my American Express via Paypal. WHen I get comics like that, I don't ask for permission, I pack them in a priority mail box and send them back with tracking. I then e-mail and explain that I will be awaiting a refund. ( I do look for the return policy, though that is not essential, if packaing is the problem). If they refuse I call AMEX and tell them I need my money back. So long as I provide proof of return, the matter is over. I have never had a problem getting my money back with one exception and that was for an "All Negro" sold by mjgcats ( maria gotti) described as having the appearance of "Fine+" that actually graded at 1.8. I tried for a partial refund and after trying for six months finally sent it back, requested a full refund from AMEX (about 5k) and got it within a week.

If you go through Paypal you will be wasting your time.

AMEX suddenly makes a LOT of sense. Some other credit cards are more reluctant to be so abliging.

Every on-line purchase I make is routed through my AMEX. Peace of mind baby!

wantedcomix on ebay is a dillhole. lol

How he has so much postive is beyond me. I bought a book off him and asked him in my comments box to send me the customs number and day when shipped. He replied to me after I payed that he would have my book out that week and I bought it on a saturday. A week went by and nothing and then on the tuesday which was 9 days later I dropped him an email asking if my book was shipped and for the info. He replied a day later saying no it hadnt and there was a holiday (in which there was no official holiday so may mean he went on holiday) and then I was in the middle of a reply to him and I got an other email stating screw it here is your refund and to never buy from him again. It was a buy it now item and I paid the instance I hit the buy it now button so did my part. My only other bad ebay experienec was buying a comic using buy it now from chris7777 and in his ad said accepted paypal. I tried to pay this guy and since I don't keep cash in my paypal to often it used the credit card but he wasn't a primiere user or whatever and so he couldnt accept the payment unless he upgraded his account. he then asked me to send a money order in which I stated no you had the option to use paypal and since you stated that and by the rules of ebay you must accept all forms of paypal. He then kept saying send him money order in which I wouldnt since money orders are not cheap and he wouldnt cover my cost on it and he just left me negative stating that I was unwilling to pay and such. Since then I am pretty much extra careful of who I buy off on ebay, I usually email them first to see what their communication is like and such.

I have pimped this before but what the heck

brokecgc1.jpg

brokecgc.jpg

not only that but he sent to the wrong address

didn't include insurance despite it stating in the auction it came with it :S

gave reasons such as

wife having a baby

death in the family

fighting fires in calif

along with others

for the book being shipped out late :S

also over charged for shipping the book as well...

was very rude in emails I had to take it to paypal.... & then phone paypal up... uhg...

& the cherry on top is that after I've been nice & tried to deal with him through email & paid the second after I won the item he leaves me this

"doesnt know what s/h is, offered refund if returned he refused, possible scammer"

after I leave him a Neutral he leaves me the same but it may as well have been a negative since he out right calls me a scammer ...

no clue if the guys sold anything since on ebay...

I met Jerry Ross at the comic expo. We had a long conversation. He told me that he wasn't well regarded by everyone. I told him that I am not everyone's poster boy either. Much of the conversation was about his old business partner Robert Crestohl. He regarded Robert very highly. That was why the conversation took so long.

I met Jerry Ross at the comic expo. We had a long conversation. He told me that he wasn't well regarded by everyone. I told him that I am not everyone's poster boy either. Much of the conversation was about his old business partner Robert Crestohl. He regarded Robert very highly. That was why the conversation took so long.

Never heard anything good about either one..........certainly Ross (And I think it's spelled Gerry)

gerry ross : "the comic master", can u say OVERGRADE.

Never have I been so disappointed as I was about 10 years ago when I naively sent him $$$ for some books, and to get 10% off I listed "alternate" choices, which, inevitably, were the books I received - and they were overgraded!

Not to be dissuaded by the lure of VF/NM early/mid-Silver Age Marvels at 50% off, I tried again, which led me down this path of much pain and discomfort. To read even more fun-filled bashing of "One Million Ripoffs", click here.

Ok, now I feel better...

Sorry to hear that. I just told him to "take a walk" at the con this past week-end because I wouldn't accept a cheque from him. News of that went around the con in minutes and I was told he was fuming. :acclaim:

I hope that brings a smile to your face!

Wow! Talk about digging up an old thread. With a quick scan, I see plenty of names that didn't stick around.
lol fantastic_four, lighthouse...

CAP Freak.... lol

:signfunny::roflmao:

FF is still around. :popcorn:

The Jerry Ross story does bring a smile to my face.

May I digress? When I was a school teacher I noticed that when other teachers were interviewed for the school newspaper a standard question was, "Why did you become a teacher?" The answer was invariably, "I like kids". This, of course, is baloney. Now, most of them did like kids but going into a field, most any field, is a complex decision. The real answer is usually something like this-- It paid more than what I was doing at the time, it was only a year after the BA so if teaching messed up I wouldn't have to waste much time, I couldn't face law school, I liked the summer holidays, I had a good resume because I did a lot of coaching in my teens and early twenties, I heard there were openings for another year or two before it would close up AND I LIKE KIDS.

It is the same with marriage. Why did you marry Julie? Answer-- because I love her. In fact the real answer is usually more like this-- I find myself attracted to short blondes, Christine turned me down six months before and Julie was very accepting, we worked together and we got along in the office, neither of us were getting any younger and we were ready to marry, my mother was bugging me about not seeing the type of women she likes AND I LOVE HER.

Anyway that is my view-- major life decisions are complicated.

Now why would a doctor become a comic book retailer?