• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help my client get repaid by Lighthouse Auctions

108 posts in this topic

Sad, but not surprising. Judging by LH's wordy posts about his travelling adventures, this is a guy who had a way with words & could talk people out of their money. I'm shocked any long-time board member would lend him $1 let alone $8K. foreheadslap.gif

My money's on BB13 as the lender. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sad, but not surprising. Judging by LH's wordy posts about his travelling adventures, this is a guy who had a way with words & could talk people out of their money. I'm shocked any long-time board member would lend him $1 let alone $8K. foreheadslap.gif

My money's on BB13 as the lender. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My money's on you as the lender. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I thought it was a large amount of money actually.

It's really none of my business... I was only tangentially affected with the 1602 and Superman sets (and he doesn't owe me anything since I asked that they be donated to charity or to Comics4kids)

BUT

I had always heard about some storage units filled with hundreds of thousands of comics. Just throwing them up on eBay would generate enough money just from the bulk sale to pay off the debt wouldn't it? And aren't those same storage units costing thousands per year? Just dumping the contents of a unit would save money in terms of rental fees. I don't know how expensive storage units are in Texas or wherever, but I know how expensive MINE is here in California.

Obviously, I don't know the details. I do hope everything works out.

I thought it was a large amount of money actually.

It's really none of my business... I was only tangentially affected with the 1602 and Superman sets (and he doesn't owe me anything since I asked that they be donated to charity or to Comics4kids)

BUT

I had always heard about some storage units filled with hundreds of thousands of comics. Just throwing them up on eBay would generate enough money just from the bulk sale to pay off the debt wouldn't it? And aren't those same storage units costing thousands per year? Just dumping the contents of a unit would save money in terms of rental fees. I don't know how expensive storage units are in Texas or wherever, but I know how expensive MINE is here in California.

Obviously, I don't know the details. I do hope everything works out.

I would imagine those assets would be liquidated once FK gets fully litigious up in 'House's mug.

I'm just trying to figure out what the heck Mr.X was thinking when he lent him the extra $5,000 after receiving zilch of the original $3,000 on the due date. 893whatthe.gif

Must be a heck of a nice guy to be as patient and lenient to LH on this matter.

I think you should change Mr.X to Mr.$.

Good luck on this all working out in the end. It's too bad it looks as though it will have to come to legal action as LH has been given multiple generous opportunities to make this right.

BUT

Shin, why in the world do you believe that these storage units with hundreds of thousands of comics actually exist? Personally, I hope Brian gets a judgment against this guy and enforces it on his house and car, and leaves these hundreds of thousands of comics, if they really exist, alone.

why in the world do you believe that these storage units with hundreds of thousands of comics actually exist?

Because other Forum members backed up the existance of these stored comics while vouching for LH's integrity back a year ago. Maybe they were confused and misled as well...but they did use this "fact" to discredit those that questioned his scam-like behavior at the time...

Jim

Guys,

some of the questions I'm seeing are how could Mr. (X) (it's not Bronzebruce) do this. Mr. (X) was relatively young and trusting and liked to think the best of people... he loaned the extra money because it had only been a short time and believed that based on LH's shows, he was promised he could paid back with ease.

I would admit, as would Mr. (X) that it obviously wasn't smart -- and he has learned a valuable lesson from all this. And when we are young, sometimes those lessons come with a pricetag.

I remember when the threads about LH not filling orders came out. The guy was apparently having a tough spell financially but he was still able to travel from con to con on a regular basis basically using board members money to do so. makepoint.gif

And I remember being relentlessly ridiculed for pointing that out. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Funny how time changes things.

I would admit, as would Mr. (X) that it obviously wasn't smart -- and he has learned a valuable lesson from all this. And when we are young, sometimes those lessons come with a pricetag.

Sometimes they come whit a price tag when we are old. grin.gif

It sounds to me like Mr. X is a good guy who just made some bad decisions. I hope he's able to get his money back. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Sometimes they come whit a price tag when we are old. grin.gif

It sounds to me like Mr. X is a good guy who just made some bad decisions. I hope he's able to get his money back. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

What he said. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

Hope your client gets his money back, Brian.

why in the world do you believe that these storage units with hundreds of thousands of comics actually exist?

Because other Forum members backed up the existance of these stored comics while vouching for LH's integrity back a year ago. Maybe they were confused and misled as well...but they did use this "fact" to discredit those that questioned his scam-like behavior at the time...

Jim

Yeah, but query whether anyone ever physically saw those storage units, or if they ever did exist, whether they still exist today. There's a tendency on these boards to accept things as fact if they've been stated enough times.

Jim

Yeah, but query whether anyone ever physically saw those storage units, or if they ever did exist, whether they still exist today. There's a tendency on these boards to accept things as fact if they've been stated enough times.

True enough...but if they didn't exist they should have never been brought up in defense of LH's integrity.

Though with that said, I see all the supporters, some who tried to shame others due money by using the "he's going through problems" excuse and "how dare you speak badly about the guy", have been noticeably quiet this go around...

Jim

True enough...but if they didn't exist they should have never been brought up in defense of LH's integrity.

Though with that said, I see all the supporters, some who tried to shame others due money by using the "he's going through problems" excuse and "how dare you speak badly about the guy", have been noticeably quiet this go around...

Jim

Stronguy comes to mind. I think Greggy is chummy with LH too. Can someone pull up those old LH threads or are they long gone marketplace threads? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

True.. I was actually referring to posts by Lighthouse himself. Granted, they were posted over 3 years ago and may be long gone...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...true#Post104461

February 06, 2003

In all likelihood I would rent a 10x10 storage unit in your neck of the woods until I could move them at my leisure. I've got over 15,000 comics in each of five states right now, adding a sixth isn't that big a deal.