• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is eBay seller Ma4pres Terence Leder?

247 posts in this topic

Man this has to be the greatest mystery of all. Terence Leder of couse will always be around and I wonder what is real name is.. Has anyone ever met this guy. I know that he owns NM copies of every bronze age book published because he told me so 3 years ago. But I thought he went underground and founded PGX. So who has the truth on this guy.

I firmly believe that he is the owner of PGX! sumo.gif

Man this has to be the greatest mystery of all. Terence Leder of couse will always be around and I wonder what is real name is.. Has anyone ever met this guy. I know that he owns NM copies of every bronze age book published because he told me so 3 years ago. But I thought he went underground and founded PGX. So who has the truth on this guy.

He's either Donovan or Ryan Elliott...or at least associated with them. Mama Elliott is the one running the dog website where his images were hosted for awhile...

Jim

He is a scammer no doubt about that.

He has an amazing selection of Disney rarities. What pisses me off, his greed has probable destroyed many of them. Trimming and restoration who knows.

He bought these.

. ma4pres.JPG

about two weeks later these were on ebay..same comics?? ...trimmed on all edges?

cx4.jpg

cy1a1.jpg

marks are very subtle but I went through about twenty Atom bomb pictures and none of the others had them.

marks.JPG

REDHOOK !!!

They are not my books. I just happen to save a lot of scans. He buys a lot of books on ebay. Unfortunately scans are usually so small it's not possible to make any conclusions.

And wtf, why the Atom bomb 9.9 he's selling was previously 9.8 with the same serial and grading date.

0dab1.jpg

Atombomb.jpg

haha only 30 minutes and he already removed that picture from his auction.

Well did he really think I didn't save that pic 27_laughing.gif

On the Atom Bomb cover do you see a stain shape or 'printing donut' just to the right of the test tube? Subtle, but it looks exactly the same on both. confused-smiley-013.gif

Do you mean this interior%20art.jpg

That is part of the interior art not stain.

You know, it's deja-vu all over again.

fuckedducks.jpg

One other thing.....because the original book had a slight curl.....you should actually see LESS of it when placed behind the pressed out version. But because he hacked it like a chunk of Boars Head Low Sodium Bologna, there is a ton more art visible behind the trimmed copy.

That is one of the worst trim jobs I have ever laid eyes on. Patterson's credibility just went from zero into the negative zone.

Red

And wtf, why the Atom bomb 9.9 he's selling was previously 9.8 with the same serial and grading date.

0dab1.jpg

Atombomb.jpg

Now this is fugged up. CGC will be doing the yay.gifyay.gif dance with this comming to light.

Shut 'er down, Daniel. The dance is OVER!

That Donald Duck Atom Bomb is a beautiful piece! cloud9.gif

893whatthe.gif nevermind!

Hey, be patient.....I'm sure if you wait a little longer it'll show up as a 10.0!!

That's really awesome, Arty! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I too have been saving scans of his wins to protect myself against his fraud. I've always avoided high grade Cheerio's because they would seem much easier to trim and press than full sized books. Watching those PGX/CGG 9.X "Atom Bomb"s and Donald Duck 1935s sell has always made me sick and I've been waiting for someone to expose the scam.

This ought to put an end to CGG and ma4pres/ponytailedblunder/... but this guy will surely be back with a new eBay account soon after.

Excellent work gents! Looks like PGX just went off my list as a possible source for graded books. I think this thread needs to be pinned high so more people read it or a new thread created to explicitly call it out like "PGX misses trimmed book plus other PGX oddities"

They not only missed trimmed books but someone frauduantly changed a 9.8 to a 9.9 using the same book PGX number. If it was PGX ouch that is the end of that company or it finally proves that terrance and PGX are the same person..... I am not an attorney but that is fraud.

This thread does need to be renamed and moved so the rest of the forumites can see this and get their expert opinions. PGX needs to go public on the change in GRADE with the same number.