• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is eBay seller Ma4pres Terence Leder?

247 posts in this topic

BTW, check out all the PGX 9.9s from this seller.

What are the odds of one seller having that many 9.9s EVER... let alone at one time?

Nice to see the formerly CGC 9.6 Detective 425 in a PGX 9.8 even though the description says that the CGC slab was damaging the corners. Also, the DC Special 6 PGX 9.6 was formerly a CGC 9.2. Guess their apparent strictness only applies to other submitters. confused-smiley-013.gif

What are the odds of one seller having that many 9.9s EVER... let alone at one time?

Nice to see the formerly CGC 9.6 Detective 425 in a PGX 9.8 even though the description says that the CGC slab was damaging the corners. Also, the DC Special 6 PGX 9.6 was formerly a CGC 9.2. Guess their apparent strictness only applies to other submitters. confused-smiley-013.gif

I still believe that Terence Leder and Daniel Patterson are one and the same! sumo.gif

Hey iron maniac: Did they ever send in a FC Donald Duck #178 Christmas on Bear Mountain in. It was High Grade, and I hated to sell it. I was very curious what it would grade.

Three GSXM 1 9.9 on the PGX census.. One on Ebay now for $25,000.00 Buy it, Leder releases another and all of the sudden your book is worth $5,000 or $6,000 less... Wont ever sell because the one's that have the money, know who has the book and wouldnt deal with him...

Hey iron maniac: Did they ever send in a FC Donald Duck #178 Christmas on Bear Mountain in. It was High Grade, and I hated to sell it. I was very curious what it would grade.

There are 10 copes in the census ranging in grade from 7.0 to 10.0 so it could very well be one of those.

Three GSXM 1 9.9 on the PGX census.. One on Ebay now for $25,000.00

Buy it, Leder releases another and all of the sudden your book is worth $5,000 or $6,000 less...

PGX census shows three DD 978s from 1935. I believe Terence owned at least two of the

three based on previous correspondence I had with him on these books.

PGX CENSUS

DONALD DUCK 978 8.5

DONALD DUCK 978 9.0

DONALD DUCK 978 9.0

What is most interesting is that Terence also received a PGX 9.2 grade on this DD 978

and there is no mention of this in the pgx census. Graded 7/05. Probably just an oversight.

1161740-lederdonaldduck978label.jpg

1161740-lederdonaldduck978label.jpg.767561efaecb60a8562d161a9c265ee3.jpg

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll...sass=reynoldjay

True king of PGX 9.9s here.

140 out of the 165 PGX 9.9s on ebay. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

His prep service works! hail.giftongue.gif

Oh, one of his 9.9's is Spider-Ham #1. yay.gif

Are he and his cohorts still selling the Barks "file" copies??? I always get a kick out of those!!! Comicdonna your Bear Mountain book was probably "transformed" into one of those.
It was a beauty. Shiny staples, bright cover, white pages. An unread gem.

I still believe that Terence Leder and Daniel Patterson are one and the

same! sumo.gif

I do not believe they are the same person but I really don't know the relationship between the

two (business?, social?). Terence seems to dislike CGC based on his eBay descriptions

and he even took the ebay name ponytailedblunder for several months. I really don't know

what CGC ever did to him. Some of the ebay names associated with Terence are comics4yall,

tdcomixncardz, tdawgcomix, ma4pres, ponytailedblunder, pgx-it, christinascollectables

and currently webuyducks. Based on his purchases, Terence does seem to specialize

in Disney books and he seems to have a knack for finding the real gems.