• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is eBay seller Ma4pres Terence Leder?

247 posts in this topic

Oh, you mean Hammer? Yeah, I gave him a stinkin' badge for it.

So, it wasn't even a CGC person who detected Ewert's trimming? It was an outside source that FORCED CGC into action against Ewert?

And no one had a problem with that?

MK.....we did this to death last summer and fall. Really. There's been a new world disorder ever since. And to answer your question...yeah...we all had plenty of problems with it.

So, it wasn't even a CGC person who detected Ewert's trimming? It was an outside source that FORCED CGC into action against Ewert?

i wouldn't say "no one."

I'm amazed, Sal. This blows my mind.

MK.....we did this to death last summer and fall. Really. There's been a new world disorder ever since. And to answer your question...yeah...we all had plenty of problems with it.

So, how can you put ANY amount of faith in CGC's product? I mean, I'm completely floored by this.

How are people still paying MONEY, much less a premium, for CGC's product?? This is amazing! How is it that anyone is letting Borock and his merry band of crooks dictate what happens to the Ewert books?? What's to say they won't just turn around, slap blue labels on them a second time, and let the dealers in their "Hi-Grade Country Club" slowly filter them back out into the market?

Boy, you missed a lot while you were away. See? Never do that again! 893naughty-thumb.gif

No kidding! I will NEVER do that again-- except for April 1st when I will leave forever in an explosively dramatic fashion not unlike:

magnum-pi-selleck.jpg

Funny....that's my last day here too. thumbsup2.gif

I can't believe everyone didn't already know this was happening. We've seen the same song and dance before with PGX (or whatever the they're called) and TL with other books. Nothing new here except the actual books involved.

And wtf, why the Atom bomb 9.9 he's selling was previously 9.8 with the same serial and grading date.

0dab1.jpg

Atombomb.jpg

Now this is fugged up. CGC will be doing the yay.gifyay.gif dance with this comming to light.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with this comment completely.

You have to remember it's also going to remind everybody about the CGC / Jason Ewert fiasco from last fall. It's also another warning sign to all collectors that any type of blue slab (whether it's PGX or CGC) is not necessarily a guarantee of the resto-free product that it claims to be.

Bottom-line: Continuing loss of confidence in the marketplace hurts not only the culprit, but also competing companies dealing in similar or exact type products. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Agreed.

But I hear PGX is changing their name one last time...to RIP.

Best, Red

I really hope you're right Brad, but my money is on "business as usual" for both PGX and TL. This has been going on for two years and it hasn't slowed either one of them down.

It's like Comic-Key, the website has definitely saved some people from doing business with him, but he still pulls top dollar on all of his auctions. Any business he's lost is a drop in the bucket. I see the same thing with PGX and TL.

I can't believe everyone didn't already know this was happening. We've seen the same song and dance before with PGX (or whatever the they're called) and TL with other books. Nothing new here except the actual books involved.

Keeping in mind that I have not been around here for some time I just wanted to say that the last evidence that I looked at with regards to Leder and PGX was devoid of any before and after images such as what is present here. Both sides said they had evidence for their sides but, for me, it was not convincing enough.

The present case is clear. It is also clear that CGC and PGX really do not know how to setup an assurance business well. They are [embarrassing lack of self control] at dealing with adversity and do little to clean up such debacles.

I have zero faith and confidence in either.

Grading seems to bring out the worst in this industry and, from my point of view, it seems that both companies seem to easy prey and even promote it to some extent.

In alot of the talk it all centres around which company is better and more trustworthy and which can bring more dollars. The dollars always end out being front and centre and lost in this muddle is how so many wonderful books, even pedigree books, that survived years and years in beautiful shape are squashed and trimmed into higher earning grades. It is a shame.

sign-rantpost.gif

Agreed.

But I hear PGX is changing their name one last time...to RIP.

Best, Red

I really hope you're right Brad, but my money is on "business as usual" for both PGX and TL. This has been going on for two years and it hasn't slowed either one of them down.

It's like Comic-Key, the website has definitely saved some people from doing business with him, but he still pulls top dollar on all of his auctions. Any business he's lost is a drop in the bucket. I see the same thing with PGX and TL.

Agreed, it's just going to be business as usual.

The number of actual collectors who are aware of the scams and what have you as posted on these boards is a very limited number. As proof of this, you just have to ask collectors in the general marketplace if they are even aware of the Ewert trimmed books, Heritage resubmissions, PCS, or the CGC pressing fiascos.

The majority of slab collectors wouldn't even know what in the world you was talking about.

So, how can you put ANY amount of faith in CGC's product? I mean, I'm completely floored by this.

How are people still paying MONEY, much less a premium, for CGC's product?? This is amazing! How is it that anyone is letting Borock and his merry band of crooks dictate what happens to the Ewert books?? What's to say they won't just turn around, slap blue labels on them a second time, and let the dealers in their "Hi-Grade Country Club" slowly filter them back out into the market?

They're currently hanging onto the Ewert books because they are evidence in an impending civil action. And that's just fine with me. It's exactly what they should be doing.

Keeping in mind that I have not been around here for some time I just wanted to say that the last evidence that I looked at with regards to Leder and PGX was devoid of any before and after images such as what is present here. Both sides said they had evidence for their sides but, for me, it was not convincing enough.

Keeping in mind you are new here I guess can excuse the fact that before and after pics (just like these) have been posted here before highlighting TL's "label magic".

You are correct that pictures showing trimming, etc.. of this caliber have not been posted before.