• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High Grade find from 1965!

359 posts in this topic

1965 was a great year! cloud9.gif

I guess ASM 28 won't be rare in high grade anymore. poke2.gif

Kudos to greggy for pointing this out first. yay.gif

Heres the quick background. I recently bought five "original" 48 pack boxes of comics from a beer distributor in Central Utah. The comics were meant for distribution into local gas stations and such in 1965 but somehow never made it out. So the boxes sat in the warehouse for a few years until the owners son saw them, thought they might be valuable and locked them up in the safe, there they sat for another 30 years or so, until the son (now the owner) came across the books again. He put a notice out of Old Comics for sale. I answered the ad and the contents of those boxes is what you see now.

Each box contained the exact same books, all the boxes were sealed and the books have never seen sunlight with the exception of the pics I just took of them.

The result is some of the most pristine books you will ever find. They are all 1965 books from varied months. And all the gems are up for auction. Want more, please see my other auctions.

The condition is near mint if not mint. The corners are sharp, the pages are white with vibrant colors, the covers are magnificent with no fading, marks or blemishes. Please look closely at the pics and you will see what Im talking about. Want bigger pics, please email me for high res images. I WILL NOT end these auctions early for any reason.

Books guaranteed to be exactly as represented and shown or full refund will be issued upon return of the item.

cloud9.gif

Shipping will be $9.00 per book
893censored-thumb.gif

You can bet a couple HG ASM #28 owners are beating their heads again the wall about now...

Jim

Another find with some nice FF 48s... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That must be the most common major key of the Silver Age now by far!

If prices stay surpressed I'll take a shot at one of them. cloud9.gif

What a dummy for telling everybody he's got 48 boxes filled with the same comics.

48 high grade FF 48s... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifinsane.gif

He sould have put them up a few at a time and kept his mouth shut.

And CGCed the sharp ones too... foreheadslap.gif

What a great find! 893applaud-thumb.gif

A couple of keys and one of the most notoriously difficult books in high grade with ASM 28.

Thing is the scan isn't "NM to M" and you can see his finger print marks on the book when he went to scan it Christo_pull_hair.gif

Yeah, most are probably VFish to 9.0 with a few 9.4+ gems.

But I'll take a white paged 8.5 FF 48 please! hail.gif

You can bet a couple HG ASM #28 owners are beating their heads again the wall about now...

Jim

What a dummy for telling everybody he's got 48 boxes filled with the same comics.

Not the greatest marketing ploy I've ever seen. I guess it all depends how quickly he releases the contents of all 48 boxes. If indeed this particular guy even bought them all.893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

Not the greatest marketing ploy I've ever seen. I guess it all depends how quickly he releases the contents of all 48 boxes. If indeed this particular guy even bought them all.hm

The way I'm reading it, he has 5 boxes with 48 comics each in them.

Still, what a lucky find!

Jim

Not the greatest marketing ploy I've ever seen. I guess it all depends how quickly he releases the contents of all 48 boxes. If indeed this particular guy even bought them all.hm

The way I'm reading it, he has 5 boxes with 48 comics each in them.

Still, what a lucky find!

You are correct! I just re-read the auction description after skimming it the first time. Only five copies of each comic likely, so I don't see the high grade market crashing just yet. 27_laughing.gif

You are correct! I just re-read the auction description after skimming it the first time. Only five copies of each comic likely, so I don't see the high grade market crashing just yet.

foreheadslap.gif

And if you look at the pics it's the same pic for each comic.

Not the pic of the comic you'll get. tonofbricks.gif

You are correct! I just re-read the auction description after skimming it the first time. Only five copies of each comic likely, so I don't see the high grade market crashing just yet.

foreheadslap.gif

And if you look at the pics it's the same pic for each comic.

Not the pic of the comic you'll get. tonofbricks.gif

I'd be asking for a scan of the actual comic that I would receive when plunking down big $$$ for a raw book. After all you only have the sellers word that these books have been boxed up for 30 years. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sure.

"Collection" designations can be purchased by calling 1-877.NM.COMIC. Operators are standing by....

Sweet! What's the going rate?

The "AWE4ONE Collection" has a certain ring to it... grin.gif

Jim

Would this be the first beer distribution pedegree collection? confused-smiley-013.gif

Unfortunately, the books don't appear to be in all that great a shape. Check out the ASM 28, for which front cover defects are easy to spot. The best one of the lot, pictured for all of the ASM 28 auctions, has an impacted LLFC with a half-inch color break, and at least 3 significant color breaking spine stresses. Nice looking book, but not what could conservatively be called high grade.

Still a cool find, kinda like locating and opening a time capsule.