• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High Grade find from 1965!

359 posts in this topic

Go pound sand...

Has anyone in the history of the universe ever really said that?

Awright - that's going into the sig-line.

27_laughing.gif

You go pound sand, too! poke2.gif

I live in the mountains - lots of rocks, but not much sand...

sorry.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

These feedbacks he recieved say alot about his current auction style. There is alot of glowing feedback too, but these are red flags I dont normally ignore.

Only 9 Comics Gold & Silver Age Out of 250! Refused To Redund! Inaccurate Descp.

Buyer soxfan722 ( 3369) Feb-16-06 13:14 6587113179

Reply by goldrushrover: All books included were exactly as pictured. Buyer speculated more than shown??

============================================================

Seller gave my money back so he is good in my book, to bad the books was lost:-(Buyer silwer74 ( 83)

Didn't send me anything and tries to stall me with lies about refunds.:-(

Buyer silwer74 ( 83)

============================================================

Shipping foul-up was an honest mistake; rating book a 9, when it's a 6/7, is not

Buyer jmobie66 ( 96)

==========================================================

Comics received, but books were not in bags/boards. Luckily, they arrived ok.

Buyer jeffreykli ( 3376)

I wish we had a BS detector.

Good luck everyone.

Ze-

I'll have to look that transaction up later tonight, but if I recall correctly, the books were in a plain envelope. I also think the books were not in super HG, so a corner bump wouldn't hurt.

...Oh my!!,..look at this feedback,... blush.gif

Books were advertised as NM-Mint and were only fine-very fine.

Buyer Silverman ( 265) Feb-16-06 13:14 6587113179

Reply by goldrushrover: Go pound sand

27_laughing.gif I love it!

589a906d43910_1195706-UsergoldrushroverManyON.jpg.1bfc820b5b2fca64dc0de76c30883eb8.jpg

These feedbacks he recieved say alot about his current auction style. There is alot of glowing feedback too, but these are red flags I dont normally ignore.

==========================================================

Comics received, but books were not in bags/boards. Luckily, they arrived ok.

Buyer jeffreykli ( 3376)

I wish we had a BS detector.

Good luck everyone.

Ze-

I'll have to look that transaction up later tonight, but if I recall correctly, the books were in a plain envelope. I also think the books were not in super HG, so a corner bump wouldn't hurt.

OK, I looked this up in my Paypal History. My transaction was for a lot of (3) Flash #219s w/Wonder Woman. Winning bid: $8.71; Shipping: $5.35. 893whatthe.gif

With my paypal payment, I said "Please sandwich the comics securely with thick cardboard." But clearly, that wasn't done.

To be honest, I don't think these were advertised as Mint; the auction title was "Flash #219 w/ Wonder Woman x3 1st Print NO RESERVE"

The books were either sent in a plain evelope, or in a flat rate priority mail envelope.

My experience may or may not have been typical, but for me, I wouldn't buy from him unless it was a really cheap price. confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey all,

I got the heads up on this site from John (Sheradon) so I just thought I would drop by and take a peek. To answer the few questions I saw, the boxes were wrapped in paper and then had a string that held each box tightly shut.

...if you have any thoughts or questions, let me know and I will do my best to answer.

Thanks!!

Hi,

Can we get a complete list of what was in each of the five 48 count boxes? Were there only one copy of each comic in each? I count 14 different comics and 55 auctions. Does that mean there are 34 additional sets of other books?

There should be 240 total comic books I guess.

Thanks for any information. Great find. thumbsup2.gif

From www.wordorigins.org

"Pound Sand

The origin of the expression go pound sand is from a longer expression, not to know (have enough sense to) pound sand down a rathole. Filling rat holes with sand is menial work, and telling someone to pound sand down a hole is like telling them to go fly a kite. The expression dates to at least 1912 and is common in the midwestern United States."

Any chance that you could tell us exactly how many copies of each issue you have?The main reason that I ask is will there be more than 3 auctions of each book in the event that we get outbid and wish to try again.QUITE A FIND.I'm going to bid on a couple myself,and my main dissappointment is that there is no FF 35 in the batch frown.gif.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

I have 5 copies of each book with the exception of the X-men 14 which just became a gift to a friend. I am keeping one of the boxes sealed until I get around to sending them in for CGC. So that leaves 4 copies of each of the books as they go up on the block.

Hey all,

I got the heads up on this site from John (Sheradon) so I just thought I would drop by and take a peek. To answer the few questions I saw, the boxes were wrapped in paper and then had a string that held each box tightly shut.

...if you have any thoughts or questions, let me know and I will do my best to answer.

Thanks!!

Hi,

Can we get a complete list of what was in each of the five 48 count boxes? Were there only one copy of each comic in each? I count 14 different comics and 55 auctions. Does that mean there are 34 additional sets of other books?

There should be 240 total comic books I guess.

Thanks for any information. Great find. thumbsup2.gif

Hi- Yeah, only one copy of each book in each box, there are a stack of other books (34 sounds about right) but they are mostly war and old west stuff from Charlton, some Patsy something or other but thats about it, Im going to put a list together tonite for a few people and I will post it here too.

As to mint and near mint, well the tem is coined from the definition of the condition of the book (or item) when it was produced, as noted before, there was not a lot of attention paid to making books flawless in the 40s-70s, as such, there are a lot of flaws that come strait from the publisher. In my opinion, which is just that... these are some of the nicest books I have ever come across, most 50-60-70s books are somewhat yellow and a little brittle, even in good grades you dont want to handle them much for fear of damage. These books are like they were just printed, the pages are nice and firm, edges and corners are not brittle at all. They are, as I stated (IMHO) near mint, being very, very close to the condition they rolled off of the press in.

...Oh my!!,..look at this feedback,... blush.gif

Books were advertised as NM-Mint and were only fine-very fine.

Buyer Silverman ( 265) Feb-16-06 13:14 6587113179

Reply by goldrushrover: Go pound sand

I'm staying away!

From www.wordorigins.org

"Pound Sand

The origin of the expression go pound sand is from a longer expression, not to know (have enough sense to) pound sand down a rathole. Filling rat holes with sand is menial work, and telling someone to pound sand down a hole is like telling them to go fly a kite. The expression dates to at least 1912 and is common in the midwestern United States."

I'll be danged! You CAN learn stuff on the boards!

Thanks, Rhino!

thumbsup2.gif

friendly advice - make a large-scale reduction in your shipping fee. unless you're sending the books sandwiched between two pieces of Masonite, there's no reason to charge triple what the actual cost will be

Lets see, insurance is going to be max, 3.35, Priority mailing, 3.85 minimum.. then to mylar, board, then add multiple pieces of cardboard, which will increase the rate, yeah, the pricing is about right..

<insert sarcastic comment>but I could make a deal with those that want to save on shipping and just drop the book in a priority envelope and charge $3.85.... how it looks when it gets there is anyones guess...<end of sarcastic comment> 893whatthe.gif

From www.wordorigins.org

"Pound Sand

...Rats make holes?,..I thought they lived in baseboards,... confused.gif...I'm not getting this at all,...is anyone getting this?...

mousehole.png