• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High Grade find from 1965!

359 posts in this topic

Well I'm going to bid on a few (In particular the Spidey #28)....if it is Significantly different or BELOW an 8-8.5, it will be returned...my bids will be set for that result possiblity though....it is a VERY nice find, with a great story!!

I think some of these books do qualify as high grade. They all have large scans, and defects are easy to spot. I also think that anyone who buys these books and is angry afterwards should go pound sand. If they don't like the book, don't bid.

Really? So you would be happy with getting a book that isn't the book pictured and that doesn’t meet the grade given? In that case, I have some books I'd like to sell you. thumbsup2.gif

Hey, go pound sand! poke2.gif

Wanted to also ask about the color difference on the Spidey books. Is it due to flash glare/reflection/shadow? Or are the books that different?

The ASM28 one has purple box's and the other blue.

The ASM34 has light green, the other dark green.

Edit.. I now see in the group shot they appear the same way. If they have not seen sunlight, I am at a loss as to explain the color difference. Is this common in SA spidey books?

Anyone?

Thnx

Ze-

Anybody?

There are a lot of so-called grading experts here who are going to look at the scans and pronounce your books not in high grade. Don't listen to them. Most of them are being overly cynical and are just pissed they didn't find the collection themselves. You have a great find of books that most collectors only dream about finding. I think they all will do quite well, as there is always a market for that kind of stuff. Good luck with them!

So finding this ahem, "collection" ahem, is license to lie, cheat and steal? And good luck to you while you do it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I bet you can top this comment too! insane.gif

Regardless of whether the defects present in your photos come from the publisher, distrubutor, or handling, they take the books out of the NM to Mint category. You're going to have a lot of angry customers when they receive these books.

I agree entirely - take a look at the FF36 (photo 3 of 5; the underlying copy).

FF36

There are a lot of so-called grading experts here who are going to look at the scans and pronounce your books not in high grade. Don't listen to them. Most of them are being overly cynical and are just pissed they didn't find the collection themselves.

OK, either...

(a) You're winding us up...

or

(b) You have a vested interest in this deal

or

© You don't know your arse from your elbow

Let us know which, OK? thumbsup2.gif

Regardless of whether the defects present in your photos come from the publisher, distrubutor, or handling, they take the books out of the NM to Mint category. You're going to have a lot of angry customers when they receive these books.

I agree entirely - take a look at the FF36 (photo 3 of 5; the underlying copy).

That crease is an automatic 6.0 or worse. blush.gif

b2_3.JPG

FF 36 was one of the books I was considering bidding on.... but between that nasty crease and the rounded corners, I'm not willing to gamble.

Judging from the looks of the box, it should be no surpise that some of the books have edge and corner bumps.

18_3.JPG

There are a lot of so-called grading experts here who are going to look at the scans and pronounce your books not in high grade. Don't listen to them. Most of them are being overly cynical and are just pissed they didn't find the collection themselves.

OK, either...

or

or

..well he's a Golden Age collector,..they subscribe to the "Beerbohm Principle",...if the pages are white then the book is NM,... yay.gif

Shipping should have been $6.00 USPS Priority boxed. Six bucks will cover most of the US from where he is. Books like these shouldn't go in Flat rate envelopes no matter how many pieces of cardboard you stuff in there.

To the seller.

You really need to sell these books individually with detailed scans and accurate grading for each book. Otherwise, it will appear that you are trying to take advantage of the masses out there that think all of these are gems and will take the chance of bidding extremely high. I am sure you picked the nicest copies you could find to send to CGC for your set. It is an awesome find and I plan to bid on many of the comics, but my bid would probably be much higher if I weren't playing the lottery with the books. If I win am I going to get the worst copy or the best copy?

OK, either...

or

or

..well he's a Golden Age collector,..they subscribe to the "Beerbohm Principle",...if the pages are white then the book is NM,... yay.gif

That would be ©, then, right? smirk.gif

These feedbacks he recieved say alot about his current auction style. There is alot of glowing feedback too, but these are red flags I dont normally ignore.

Only 9 Comics Gold & Silver Age Out of 250! Refused To Redund! Inaccurate Descp.

Buyer soxfan722 ( 3369) Feb-16-06 13:14 6587113179

Reply by goldrushrover: All books included were exactly as pictured. Buyer speculated more than shown??

============================================================

Seller gave my money back so he is good in my book, to bad the books was lost:-(Buyer silwer74 ( 83)

Didn't send me anything and tries to stall me with lies about refunds.:-(

Buyer silwer74 ( 83)

============================================================

Shipping foul-up was an honest mistake; rating book a 9, when it's a 6/7, is not

Buyer jmobie66 ( 96)

==========================================================

Comics received, but books were not in bags/boards. Luckily, they arrived ok.

Buyer jeffreykli ( 3376)

I wish we had a BS detector.

Good luck everyone.

Ze-

...Oh my!!,..look at this feedback,... blush.gif

Books were advertised as NM-Mint and were only fine-very fine.

Buyer Silverman ( 265) Feb-16-06 13:14 6587113179

Reply by goldrushrover: Go pound sand

893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif I actually looked!