• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.8 Hulk Annual #1

303 posts in this topic

So in effect IMO Matt is a worse perpetrator than some of the EBAY fraudsters, because he really is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He is advertising on his status and merit in the industry, yet at the same time using the skils that got him that status to pump every last nickel out of the buying public. Instead of sheep to the sheppard, its sheep to the slaughter.

I always check for your posts before writing anything, because you've usually got my point covered before I can even read through the entire thread. thumbsup2.gif

Hey Andrew thanks for the comment and congrats on your new OA pieces, they are amazing. Glad to see you are still involved in the Hobby, albeit in a different capacity since leaving the HG slabbed market. hi.gif

Oh hey, bring back the Taxi Drive Avatar 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

What color shirt am I wearing now?

If the shirt fits... confused-smiley-013.gif

Do you genuinely not understand how your statements sound like something that would be said in a star chamber or in some tribunal in Iran or China?

Do you genuinely not understand how your statements sound like something that would be said in a star chamber or in some tribunal in Iran or China?

As usual....you missed the point once again. I really can't be bothered to argue with you....so feel free to think what you want. I stopped caring what you had to say many moons ago.

As usual....you missed the point once again. I really can't be bothered to argue with you....so feel free to think what you want. I stopped caring what you had to say many moons ago.

Then why do you keep responding?

And I fully understand your point, even if you don't, which is that when you feel you're right about something, you'll brook no dissent. Perhaps someday you'll grow up and get over your insecurities.

The best propositions are those that have withstood the rigorous challenges of full and open debate, supported by evidence. gossip.gif

Oh hey, bring back the Taxi Drive Avatar 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Good idea.......

I wish we could get some other collectors to start putting together databases on some of the other pedigrees, with scans and such. I used the old hunt and peck method putting mine together and it would be much more difficult now. I discovered a number of resubs along the way, and having scans up is a deterrent to monkey business imho.

I sense the access door is closing to some valuable scholarly info out there.

In fact, Steve Filosa created fantastic databases of the major pedigrees for the major SA Marvel titles. The threads were all in the SA forum, I believe. If the links are down now, I'm sure you could get them from him directly. I believe he got most of the data by doing the old hunt and peck method too.

That was great, but I want scans in there too, when available. That's the killer. thumbsup2.gif

I wish we could get some other collectors to start putting together databases on some of the other pedigrees, with scans and such. I used the old hunt and peck method putting mine together and it would be much more difficult now. I discovered a number of resubs along the way, and having scans up is a deterrent to monkey business imho.

I sense the access door is closing to some valuable scholarly info out there.

In fact, Steve Filosa created fantastic databases of the major pedigrees for the major SA Marvel titles. The threads were all in the SA forum, I believe. If the links are down now, I'm sure you could get them from him directly. I believe he got most of the data by doing the old hunt and peck method too.

That was great, but I want scans in there too, when available. That's the killer. thumbsup2.gif

Given that Steve has more or less retired from these boards, someone needs to set up each database and then invite folks to contribute scans. Sounds like AussieRuss has already started the scan collection process, so if he and/or some other eager forumite can combine efforts, the project can get off to a pretty quick start.

Of course, many of those books are in the hands of people who might be less than friendly towards this educational process, so getting scans of a lot of books might be tough.

Of course, many of those books are in the hands of people who might be less than friendly towards this educational process, so getting scans of a lot of books might be tough.

And therein lies the challenge....and the fun of it.

The game's afoot!

Red

The game's afoot!

You don`t even have a volunteer yet! makepoint.gifpoke2.gif

I would like to nominate tcaseybrennan.....we could use a man who's not afraid to talk about himself. thumbsup2.gif

The game's afoot!

I would like to nominate tcaseybrennan.....we could use a man who's not afraid to talk about himself. thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif Maybe that Guy Dorian guy could be the keeper of the scans. Instead of the little red X to indicate placeholders, he could post little pictures of himself.

Seeing as though I live on the other side of our little planet earth & don't have a website set up to host these pics I thought that I would offer the following.

It would appear that Brad has a great many skills in the photoshop area which is what we need when examining scans for reference purposes. hail.gif

I am happy to contine hunting down pedigree scans and adding them to DVD on a weekly basis. Some of my scan are average due to having poor E-bay photo's but if a better photo turns up I always update to the better copy.

If Brad is happy with the Idea I would like to send him a hardcopy (DVD) of my work & he could work his magic when needed. I would also send an updated DVD each 6 months or when deemed as required.

Hope you don't mind this offer being made in public Brad. No pressure. Feel free to say no if you are not interested.

Kind Regards,

Russ... thumbsup2.gif

The game's afoot!

How do you know that? wink.gif

I dunno, maybe the fact that I haven`t seen anyone in this thread volunteer? confused-smiley-013.gif

Why all the cloak and dagger? Is there going to be a project to create a database of each pedigree, including scans, or not?

If yes (and I`d like to know who will be handling it, hence all my questions about who has volunteered thus far), then I will be happy to take the time and effort to scan all of my pedigree books and send them to the right person.