• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.8 Hulk Annual #1

303 posts in this topic

Jim..I hear Doctor ASAP can actually reverse Alzheimer’s! Once something is brought to ones attention, they suddenly remember EVERYTHING!...it's miraculous tongue.gif

Alzheimer’s concerns aside I am Glad to see the books lineage will be restored. I wonder if Bill Hughes is aware that the book sold on Heritage for a mere $690 a few months ago? Eitherway I suppose that is what he gets for buying the label, not the book.

Ze-

I wonder if Bill Hughes is aware that the book sold on Heritage for a mere $690 a few months ago?

According to Delaney, Hughes is all knowing. hail.gif

Tom, you really think someone who's been around as long as Bill Hughes is going to bid north of 2K on a 9.8 book from Matt without taking a quick glance at the Heritage archive? You don't have to be "all-knowing" to have basic common sense.

I wonder if Bill Hughes is aware that the book sold on Heritage for a mere $690 a few months ago?

According to Delaney, Hughes is all knowing. hail.gif

Tom, you really think someone who's been around as long as Bill Hughes is going to bid north of 2K on a 9.8 book from Matt without taking a quick glance at the Heritage archive? You don't have to be "all-knowing" to have basic common sense.

Based on his final bid, I would say "common sense" was not part of his bidding process. As the saying goes, "a fool and his money are soon parted"

Either he did not do his homework, or he did, and didnt care what it previously sold for. Either scenerio defies logic.

Ze-

I think the book may have brought more if it had the pedigree on the label, so I'm kind of bummed about that. I've emailed the winner about the pedigree, and the book will be sent back to CGC for a new label.

Why didn't you mention the fact of the missing Pedigree notation in the auction then? I'm sure everyone would want to know it was a Northland...that's not a minor issue one would just keep quiet about. Especially a dealer...unless there was something they were trying to hide... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

Why didn't you mention the fact of the missing Pedigree notation in the auction then? I'm sure everyone would want to know it was a Northland...that's not a minor issue one would just keep quiet about. Especially a dealer...unless there was something they were trying to hide... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

Nail, meet head. thumbsup2.gif

Someone finally emailed me about the Hulk. Yes, it is the Northland copy.

Thanks for the confirm, Matt.

Aside for the debate and the flip-game there's something I've never understood...

Experts. Okay? Experts. Grading services, auction houses, restoration services, etc. all have experts on staff and offer expert assessment services. And yet it's usually messageboard participants that discover those "honest mistakes". Over, and over, and over. Year after year, after year. It's crazy. Christo_pull_hair.gif

You would think an expert would notice a Pedigree notation was missing when the slab was unpacked.

Or notice it while typing up the auction text to describe the Pedigreed comic they're offering.

Or maybe notice it while making huge slab scans of what they know is a Pedigree comic.

Or notice it over the seven day period while the auction is running. Notice it with the same eyes that can spot a thumb dent from 100 yards.

(sigh) ???confused.gif??

What would you have him say... "Yup, you guys caught me THIS time. I will be even sneakier NEXT time."

I am surprised he even said anything at all.

He said it was an honest mistake, which as you pointed out is very hard to believe, or understand. We can either take him for his word, or take a step back and call a spade a spade. Sadly only he really knows, which leaves us to only form opinions based upon what we see in front of us

Listing it that way is not high crime, I suppose it is his right to do so.

It is just a shame.

Ze-

It's just seems weird, that's all. Considering how many "expert" hands books go through on their way to a web listing. From the trimmed Batman 11 years ago, up through the Ewert stuff, and all these current grade flips, it's messageboard folks that seem to connect the dots and put the info out there. Otherwise... confused-smiley-013.gif

That Fantastic Four #32 losts it's "From the collection of Joe and Nadia Mannarino" notation too. So it's tough to buy the "mistake" scenario for the Northland. But it's possible I suppose.

I hope CGC removes the old 9.6 Northland listing in the census too as it is still there despite the resub. Of course once it gets it's .0 grade after being removed, you'll not be able to access that info again. So here it is......CGC #0039317008

northlandhulkannual.jpg