• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are you reading this week?

40 posts in this topic

Vault of Horror reprint annuals. I'm currently on issue #22. I bought a #26 last year and liked it so much I bought reprints of the whole series. Great stuff!

After I get done with this series, I plan on reading Wimbledon Green.

So what are you reading this week? popcorn.gif

Surprisingly I'm reading a ton of DC's. The Scalphunter run from Weird Western Tales, the DC Tarzan run,and the Crisis trade paperback.

I have a couple of FF, Spidey, and Thor standing by just in case.

You have no idea, do you.... smirk.gif

A quote from Carl.....

The method of science is tried and true. It is not perfect, it's just the best we have. And to abandon it, with it's skeptical protocols is the pathway to a dark age.

Another one.....

In science it often happens that scientists say, "You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken," and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.

-- Carl Sagan, 1987 CSICOP keynote address

Sandman Mystery Theater - The Scorpion

Just finished The Ghost Makers Shadow novel and about to start The Five Chameleons

About to finish the second volume of the collected Modesty Blaise

Another one.....

In science it often happens that scientists say, "You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken," and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.

-- Carl Sagan, 1987 CSICOP keynote address

I can't remember the last time it happened in science confused.gif