• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

I just picked up a 4.5 copy of G I Combat #1. Been a while since I've owned one and I'm very happy to add it to my reserve. :whee:

I saw which one you got, nice looking copy for the grade and it has a cool Crandall cover! Congrats!

I just picked up a 4.5 copy of G I Combat #1. Been a while since I've owned one and I'm very happy to add it to my reserve. :whee:

I saw which one you got, nice looking copy for the grade and it has a cool Crandall cover! Congrats!

GI Combat 1 is a great book in any grade. That's a vastly underrated / undervalued book. The whole run is tough, but the first ten issues are especially scarce.

Anyone need a Pedrin guide? One is up for sale on the boards.

I'm so glad I got mine years ago from Bud Plant for a fraction of that price.

Back at the SD War Dinner in 2001, I bought 5 or 6 for off of Chris for 10 bucks a piece. Still have one, that I got signed by Russ Heath.

I'm shocked that it has never been reprinted. It's 20 years old this year!!

Shep

First three silvers for DC War that I purchased this summer. I'm finding war comics a bit tough to find, and nice copies even harder. I think it is going to take a while to complete a run of the five books.

GIC #102

08hByYa.jpg

OAAW #141

oMiAlLu.jpg

OAAW #144

1OxkSR4.jpg

First three silvers for DC War that I purchased this summer. I'm finding war comics a bit tough to find, and nice copies even harder. I think it is going to take a while to complete a run of the five books.

Best of luck in your quest.

Boardie, thirdgreenham, has done it twice. :o

Best of luck in your quest.

Boardie, thirdgreenham, has done it twice. :o

Egads twice, that is a feat!

I had thoughts of trying it once but I realized that it would require me buying comics I didn't really care about. I love DC war comics, but I don't love the dino issues of SSWS. I don't love the Gunner and Sarge or the various Hunter issues of OFF. I don't love the Johnny Cloud issues of AAMoW.

I had thoughts of trying it once but I realized that it would require me buying comics I didn't really care about. I love DC war comics, but I don't love the dino issues of SSWS. I don't love the Gunner and Sarge or the various Hunter issues of OFF. I don't love the Johnny Cloud issues of AAMoW.

Never been that keen on the Hellcats issues of OFF, but being a completist they have to be gotten. Never cared that much for the dino SSWSs but in recent years I've grown to like 'em.

Either way, completing a Big 5 set in decent shape is a huge undertaking.

Never been that keen on the Hellcats issues of OFF, but being a completist they have to be gotten. Never cared that much for the dino SSWSs but in recent years I've grown to like 'em.

I never cared for the dinos, either, but after picking up the thick Showcase collected edition of them, The War That Time Forgot, I realized that they're so bad, they're good. :luhv:

I never cared for the dinos, either, but after picking up the thick Showcase collected edition of them, The War That Time Forgot, I realized that they're so bad, they're good. :luhv:

Exactly. lol

I haven't read any of the SSWS dino issues yet, but I figured they were so bad they were good.

As kid I only read a few of the later issues of Sgt. Rock in the 80s. But I never got much more into war comics other than that. But after getting back into collecting this spring after a hiatus of 15 years, I've found I really enjoy them for the most part. Not sure if I'll get them all, but the completionist in me will give it a go for sure.