• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Gotta ask the guys in gold. Will report back when I've got some numbers. (thumbs u

I did notice SSWS 84 CGC 7.0 was over $800. That's a great result! Strong numbers for these war books across the board.

SSWS 85

Grade: CGC VG+: 4.5

Publisher: DC

Bid History: Sold For

$111

SSWS86

Grade: CGC FN-: 5.5

$193

SSWS 87

Grade: CGC FN: 6.0

$260

SSWS 88

Grade: CGC FN-: 5.5

$190

OAAW 128

Grade: CGC VF/NM: 9.0

$775

OAAW 151

Grade: CGC VF+: 8.5

$500

OFF 45

Grade: CGC VF-: 7.5

$867

That's a very competitive price for the SSWS 84. It definitely deserves it. That just makes Andy's 9.0 (from a few years ago) that went at Heritage for only about $925 the DEAL OF THE CENTURY. Kicking myself for not scoring that as a dupe. Looks like people are finally waking up to how cool that comic is.

That's a very competitive price for the SSWS 84. It definitely deserves it. That just makes Andy's 9.0 (from a few years ago) that went at Heritage for only about $925 the DEAL OF THE CENTURY. Kicking myself for not scoring that as a dupe. Looks like people are finally waking up to how cool that comic is.
:cry:

:cry:

Dude, that was a major bummer for you when that happened. I wish I'd bid on it. Would NOT have minded scoring an extra copy of that at that price. . .or at least run it up a bit for you. Who knows, the high bidder might've had $3000.00 on it, but it was that underbidder that let it go for chump change. Curses!!!

ditto....

and I was the underbidder (on Andy's copy)

ditto....

Now, if all was fair in war and war, you'd auction your GIC 68 through Heritage, Andy would be the underbidder who dropped out at $925.00, and we'd all gripe about forgetting when the auction went down while some unknown collector was doing the little Walter Houston "found-me-some-gold" dance from Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

ditto....

Now, if all was fair in war and war, you'd auction your GIC 68 through Heritage, Andy would be the underbidder who dropped out at $925.00, and we'd all gripe about forgetting when the auction went down while some unknown collector was doing the little Walter Houston "found-me-some-gold" dance from Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

lol Wouldn't that be just awful. Let's not hope for that. :wishluck: