• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I just got a book back that I had signed and sketched by Jimmy Palmiotti. He says he can't draw, but I convinced him to do this anyway. It took him all of 5 minutes, but I'd say he did a great job. He's a very nice guy, by the way.

Thanks Jimmy! :applause:

IMG_6858_zps8uvppwaz.jpg

Hey guys,

I just got a book back that I had signed and sketched by Jimmy Palmiotti. He says he can't draw, but I convinced him to do this anyway. It took him all of 5 minutes, but I'd say he did a great job. He's a very nice guy, by the way.

IMG_6858_zps8uvppwaz.jpg

Sweet!

You was robbed ! that sketch looks to be a 9.9 !!

OT, but I wonder if CGC will start grading the sketches/sigs instead of the book. The graders will do that in the sports cards industry. Then again, no one would get anything over an 8.0 for Stan's sig lately...

When i read your post i went and dug out my copy of 'Chris Pedrin.s Big Five' the most informative book i have read regarding DC's five main war books. In it there is a section which discusses all the 'prototype' issues regarding Sgt.Rock and which one's were significant. I dont have a copy of AAMOW #42 but there is no mention of it in the Big Five although AAMOW #39 IS mentioned and at one time i would have had a copy because i went and bought all the copies that were dscribed as significant in the development of Sgt.Rock.

Thanks guys for the nice comments. I have had an itch for a while but have never really scratched it so I'm scratching. I started a journal on how the war bug bit me and plan on keeping track on my journey in the thread. I bought this to get me vested with a corner stone book to start the building process. I would like to think I'm going into this as a collecting veteran but as a war nugget or boot. Just have to remember it's a marathon and not a sprint.

One question I will pose right off the bat in AAMOW 42 with the earlier easy company story by kubert on the third panel there is a first sgt with 3 chevron's and 3 rockers why isn't it a Sgt. Rock proto-type book. Although he is only in the one panel and not brought up by any name other than the Sgt.

Hey guys,

IMG_6858_zps8uvppwaz.jpg

Very cool! Nice to see someone else collects these. Here's mine that I bought recently. Russ Heath

<a  href=004_zpstzpjuik9.jpg' alt='004_zpstzpjuik

Hey guys,

IMG_6858_zps8uvppwaz.jpg

Very cool! Nice to see someone else collects these. Here's mine that I bought recently. Russ Heath

:flamed:

I did my research on SSWS #84 and #87 via GPAnalysis and Heritage. I have to call CL and CC if they can find the sale history on both SSWS 84 and 87.

Do you think SSWS #84 CGC 6.5 was overpriced? It asks for $1650. I think the price for SSWS #87 CGC 7.5 was too high. It asked for $650 after it went down.

What is your thought on the prices on both books?

Edited by JollyComics

Hey guys,

IMG_6858_zps8uvppwaz.jpg

<a  href=004_zpstzpjuik9.jpg' alt='004_zpstzpjuik

Both of theses sketches are top notch.

I did my research on SSWS #84 and #87 via GPAnalysis and Heritage. I have to call CL and CC if they can find the sale history on both SSWS 84 and 87.

Do you think SSWS #84 CGC 6.5 was overpriced? It asks for $1650. I think the price for SSWS #87 CGC 7.5 was too high. It asked for $650 after it went down.

What is your thought on the prices on both books?

I personally think (others may disagree of course) that:

The Mademoiselle Marie books are SO desirable, and are SO hard to find in those grades, that the seller might be justified in asking for those prices ...

2c

agreed, except for the prices. they are IMO a tad aggressive for the grades. There aren't that many people chasing these and there are enough to go around, certainly more so as you drift downward in grade. They may not be available on demand, like spideys, but no reason to overpay.

Some nice War Books that you dont see too often up on Comiclink's March auction. Must have been a last minute addition because they were not there a few days ago. All this time I never knew OFF #51 was the only Russ Heath Gunner & Sarge cover even though i have a copy. The interior artwork on this issue in my opinion is the best in the series that i have read.

I know this is mostly a D.C. thread..... but I also love the Atlas books as well..... and while not Atlas, this beautiful book just reeled me in on a recent drbanner sales thread..... man, Mike is a tight grader..... and a high grade Severin cover is always a thing of awe....... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

SGT%20FURY%2070.jpg