• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

I was speaking to a friend who seems to remember a 1 page article on either Our Army At War issues 56 or 68 or Our Fighting Forces #51 writen by Mick Rabin in CBM. I believe Mick is on the boards and often posts in the war thread but i dont know his username so if you see this Mick please LMK about the issue you wrote about and what issue of CBM it was in, or if anybody else knows can they post the details so i can check out the article please. Thanks

Mick Rabin. Now that's a name I have not heard in a longggg time....a long time.

:preach::preach::preach::preach:

That article was one of the reasons why I picked OFF 51 for Russ to recreate so I went off memory then verified online.

That WAS fast! I didn't recall writing anything quite so early for Gary, but there it is. The issue I had the most fun writing for was CBM #47 with the Haunted Tank recreation cover. That whole issue was just one DC war-palooza after another!

That article was one of the reasons why I picked OFF 51 for Russ to recreate so I went off memory then verified online.

That WAS fast! I didn't recall writing anything quite so early for Gary, but there it is. The issue I had the most fun writing for was CBM #47 with the Haunted Tank recreation cover. That whole issue was just one DC war-palooza after another!

Would you believe it i have about 5 issues missing and that is one of them doh!

Does this issue mention OAAW #56 and #68 for any particular reason. Again my friend seeme to remembers a small article about these issues similar to the one written about OFF #51 not necessarily written by you and it might not even have been in CBM, but seeing as you are a big war fan you might have come across it.

Would you believe it i have about 5 issues missing and that is one of them doh!

Does this issue mention OAAW #56 and #68 for any particular reason. Again my friend seeme to remembers a small article about these issues similar to the one written about OFF #51 not necessarily written by you and it might not even have been in CBM, but seeing as you are a big war fan you might have come across it.

Go get a copy NOW! It's a great issue. There are a couple on ebay right now

What did the OAAW #83 end up selling for? Years ago my Dad passed down to me a small collection of silver age comics. Most had been put through the ringer, but the one book in the best condition was an OAAW #83. Those silver age comics are really what got me into collecting so many years ago. I actually tried CGC for the first time about a year ago, and the OAAW #83 came back a 7.5! I don't want to sell it, but it's hard to get pricing data on an issue like this because I never seem to see any on ebay in decent grades.

Funny, I found a quote I made from back in 2007 right before I sold my OAAW 83. Always regretted it since, so am excited to pick up a copy tonight (albeit a much lower grade). I've been saving a spot in my SA box just for this occasion. I'm pumped!

OAAW_83_Raw_Front_zps5ygumlo6.jpg

Thanks! I appreciate the comment. I don't have it in hand yet, but thought it displayed well for the grade. I've wanted a copy for so long now, so can't wait to flip through it.

Nice looking OAAW 83. I read my copy as soon as I opened it out of the package. Way cooler experience than when I read it in the Sgt. Rock Archives.

Thanks! I appreciate the comment. I don't have it in hand yet, but thought it displayed well for the grade. I've wanted a copy for so long now, so can't wait to flip through it.

Nice looking OAAW 83. I read my copy as soon as I opened it out of the package. Way cooler experience than when I read it in the Sgt. Rock Archives.

This is a high demand book and i dont see that changing anytime soon. There always seems to be on/off rumours of a film in the works which eventually i think will happen. I remember asking Doug Sulipa years ago to put it on my wants list and he told me there were about 20 collectors in front of me. In the end i managed to get a copy elsewhere. There is one on Comiclink at the moment which actually looks nicer than the grade given. Ive seen VG+ copies looking worse than this and im wondering if if CGC actually downgraded it for having tape on the cover.

Guys, I've started a Jerry Grandenetti Survivor Series over in Comics General.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9268855&gonew=1#UNREAD

It's the nomination thread, so now is the time to dig up your favourite covers and post them to that thread before the contest begins.

I would suggest doing that within these 3 days. :baiting:

Thanks! I have 1 more Heath art piece, but need to scan it. I wanted another piece, but going through his handler is challenging. Never returns emails, so I gave up. Not exactly the person you want to help you out, especially hearing sadly that Russ is in need of financial help.

Captain Canuck: Awesome Heath SS Books!!!! :applause:

Congrats!!!

+1 :applause:

image_zpsf8z8foi2.jpeg[/url]

Bear with me is this a print that he signed or is this a original sketch either way :o

All original! :)

I don't even know what to say that is Amazing really just amazing the details on the tanks OMG he drew out each tread a commision Edited by JWKyle