• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

image_zpsf8z8foi2.jpeg[/url]

Bear with me is this a print that he signed or is this a original sketch either way :o

All original! :)

I don't even know what to say that is Amazing really just amazing the details on the tanks OMG he drew out each tread a commision

It was important to Russ that if he drew a certain piece of equipment or vehicle that he got it right. He did his homework.

Bear with me is this a print that he signed or is this a original sketch either way :o

I don't even know what to say that is Amazing really just amazing the details on the tanks OMG he drew out each tread a commision

It was important to Russ that if he drew a certain piece of equipment or vehicle that he got it right. He did his homework.

Back in the 50s and 60s he bought models and built them to help him draw them accurately. I asked him back around '95 whether he still used them and he said he didn't -- they were in his head.

Back in the 50s and 60s he bought models and built them to help him draw them accurately. I asked him back around '95 whether he still used them and he said he didn't -- they were in his head.

Yup. That's a level of dedication you don't often see and one of the things that makes his work so great.

That man can draw a tank that is for sure.

I like his war work better than Kuberts.

I have a hard time picking between them. Their styles were so radically different. Heath, clean and smooth and Kubert rough and gritty. It's no mystery why Kubert's style is perfect for war comics but Heath's style would seem an unlikely choice and yet it works so damn well.

hey guys,

I've started the Jerry Grandenetti SURVIVOR SERIES contest in Comics General.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9288104#Post9288104

Click this link to find the contest thread.

Things to remember:

1. You are voting for the ones you don't like.

2. These rounds are only lasting 24 hours, so when you see these posts from me, try to get the voting done right away.

Thanks!

Andy

Hey Andy-

Very cool contest. I voted for the ones I didn't like, and it was a struggle finding 33. Too many awesome covers already have votes against them (seriously, how can anyone NOT like GIC 74 and SSWS 88!?!)

Will you be posting each round here or should I bookmark the main voting thread?