• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

That's a nice GIC 87. As far as your question goes about the chances of NM for books from 1965-67, it's hit or miss. On key books like this, good luck. To give a more concrete example on a run that I'm working on in high grade, Star Spangled War, there seem to be a lot of NM issues if you are willing to pay the premium price after issue 112 or so. Highest grade for under issue 100 drops to around an 8.0, and on Mlle. Marie issues and the first handful of dinos you're lucky to come across fn/vf, slabbed or not. Once you get to the Enemy Ace issues high grade copies are easy to find.

Many years ago I lucked into a small group of high grade 10 centers. I've shown these before but they are sweet, and yes, war books in this condition and damn near impossible but I've managed to find a few more here and there. Nothing like Mick though

AAMOW_64.jpg

SSWS_62.jpg

SSWS_79.jpg

SSWS_74.jpg

GIC_49.jpg

gicombat53-1.jpg

Many years ago I lucked into a small group of high grade 10 centers. I've shown these before but they are sweet, and yes, war books in this condition and damn near impossible but I've managed to find a few more here and there. Nothing like Mick though

AAMOW_64.jpg

SSWS_62.jpg

SSWS_79.jpg

SSWS_74.jpg

GIC_49.jpg

gicombat53-1.jpg

:applause:

AAMOW_64.jpg

SSWS_62.jpg

SSWS_79.jpg

SSWS_74.jpg

GIC_49.jpg

gicombat53-1.jpg

Dude, those are ALL drool-worthy!

Two people REALLY wanted that OAAW 108 on Comiclink that I was thinking about bidding on.

I definitely would have lost it.

I saw that! :o

Can anyone explain thie 108 price to me? I've been actively collecting DC war for 22 years now and I don't get it. It's a non-key, the cover image is only ok. I know that there is a shortage of graded war books, but this isn't a scarce issue. For that price you could pick up every Big 5 key in decent shape! If it's a high grade obsession, then the price will only be sustained until a 9.2 or higher gets slabbed.