• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature Series KUDOS Thread... You know the deal

2,495 posts in this topic

Last year at the SDCC I gave Kevin Boyd some comics for SS in Toronto. One of the comics was a Countdown 45. Unfortunately Mr. Benes was unable to attend the show. Kudos to AlexH for selling me a copy of this book he had SS. :D

Edited by inthehottub

Just wanted to give a BIG Thank you!!..to thecollector (kris) for the opportunity to get some OUTSTANG Todd McFarlane sigs! done for me!.

The placement and color of the sigs...one word!... PERFECT!. Thanks again!

(hopefully when I pick up a new scanner/camera Ill show some pics of these BEAUTIES!

* G A M B I T *

that's quite a bump, and with sketches no less (where are they?)

read the label. page 29 where Groo appears.

ahh

I just thought it would be a little odd to have an artist do a sketch on the interior of the book

ahh

I just thought it would be a little odd to have an artist do a sketch on the interior of the book

From what Priate has told me, Sergio did not want to sign the cover because he did not do the art for it. So, he signed the page that Groo appears on instead, which he did do the art for. Honestly, I was just looking for the sigs on the book, so the sketch was a bonus. Of course, since it is on page 29 and sealed in the slab, I can't see the sketch and have no idea what it looks like.

This is the first time I have ever been 50/50 on cracking a slab. I want to see the sketch, but I also want to maintain the integrity of the signature authentication. :frustrated:

Kudos to Kris (The Collector) for getting my ASM 298 signed by McFarland. It was my copy as a kid and came back an 8.5. I actually guessed right on the grade! Now to get my 9.6 signed!

ahh

From what Priate has told me, Sergio did not want to sign the cover because he did not do the art for it. So, he signed the page that Groo appears on instead, which he did do the art for. Honestly, I was just looking for the sigs on the book, so the sketch was a bonus. Of course, since it is on page 29 and sealed in the slab, I can't see the sketch and have no idea what it looks like.

This is the first time I have ever been 50/50 on cracking a slab. I want to see the sketch, but I also want to maintain the integrity of the signature authentication. :frustrated:

it's a thumbnail, don't crack it.

ahh

it's a thumbnail, don't crack it.

He must have been in a weird mood that day because he signs Plop! comics on the cover and all the ones I have submitted were either Wally Wood or Basil Wolverton covers. (shrug)

You may have heard of the GA bump or even the Nik bump. May I present for your consideration the Pirate bump!

From this...

dd1lab.JPG

...to this...

dd1.jpg

:o

Thanks Anthony! (thumbs u (thumbs u

I cant see the pics?

BIG KUDOS to the following forumites:

theBeyonder for letting my pry his Tony Moore Fallen Son from him

&

AlexH for providing me with a sweet x2 signed "birthday" (4/85) book

and thanks for Paradise Comics for arranging the Jason Bone signing today!

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions......

That being said, I've always meant to post a few thank you's here, but never done it. I apologize if I'm missing anyone.

Pirate hooked me up with Joe Kubert's sig on Sgt Rock the Prophecy #1 and a couple of others.

TheCollector helped with an awesome Spider-Man #1 Platinum by McFarlane and we're working on others right now. He also sold me a sweet Allen Bellman Fallen Son CGC SS.

Par2ch didn't get actual signature series done for me, but did get a seriously cool Fallen Son cover done by Dana Snyder and a V for Vendtta sketch from David Lloyd. He also got me the best Allen Bellman Fallen Son cover done yet!

I believe it was OneAsian that got me a John Cassady SS on Cap #1.

And of course, JonJesper! Too many to ever remember them all, but a few high points are 30 Days of Night Red Snow #1 CGC SS 10! Umbrella Academy FCBD SS by Gerard Way and Gabriel Ba, Amazing Spidey #294 signed and sketched by Zeck and some others we're still working on!

THANK YOU ALL!!!!

I know who I forgot! :o

Kevin Boyd!

He's gotten books done for me by Vatche Mavlian and sold me other books. Most importantly, he's helped me understand CGC SS patiently and professionally.

Thank you Kevin! (thumbs u