• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,168 posts in this topic

Hi y'all,

Really great stuff here. I appreciate all those scans...wonderful stuff!

Sorry for the delayed response, but I have been out promoting "I Shall Destroy All the Civilized Planets: The Comics of Fletcher Hanks". The reason that the book has been so hard to get is that it completely sold out within the first three weeks of publication! Whoda thunk it?!

The new 2nd edition should be back from the printer shorty and those amazon orders will be filled (if you are really desperate, order it from Fantagraphics directly and you should be able to get it weeks earlier).

Hanks t-shirts as well as links for other Hanks stories, interviews, etc. are posted at :

www.fletcherhanks.com

...and again, thanks for all your help and support along the way (especially to Maestro Berk!)

Hi y'all,

Sorry for the delayed response, but I have been out promoting "I Shall Destroy All the Civilized Planets: The Comics of Fletcher Hanks". The reason that the book has been so hard to get is that it completely sold out within the first three weeks of publication! Whoda thunk it?!

The new 2nd edition should be back from the printer shorty and those amazon orders will be filled (if you are really desperate, order it from Fantagraphics directly and you should be able to get it weeks earlier).

Hanks t-shirts as well as links for other Hanks stories, interviews, etc. are posted at :

www.fletcherhanks.com

...and again, thanks for all your help and support along the way (especially to Maestro Berk!)

I purchased the book at SD Con and thought you did an outstanding job on it. Everyone I showed it to was impressed as well -- both with Fletcher Hanks and with the high quality production and design.

Can't wait for Volume 2. :wishluck:

Hi y'all,

www.fletcherhanks.com

I purchased the book at SD Con and thought you did an outstanding job on it. Everyone I showed it to was impressed as well -- both with Fletcher Hanks and with the high quality production and design.

Can't wait for Volume 2. :wishluck:

I can't wait for Volume 1! I waited too long and missed the first print run. Congrats on exceeding expections. It sure looks like a niche book but people love Fletcher!

Jack

Great trio, Billy!

The Science #3 is still one of my very favorite Foxes, inside and out. I'd love to find a copy that presents that well. Very nice!

thanks, sir. i'm giving some thought to pursuing all the fox books thru July '40. but don't tell my wife.

Great trio, Billy!

The Science #3 is still one of my very favorite Foxes, inside and out. I'd love to find a copy that presents that well. Very nice!

thanks, sir. i'm giving some thought to pursuing all the fox books thru July '40. but don't tell my wife.

Great goal! And as a matter of fact, I've got a few new 1940 "Foxes" myself. I'll post them tomorrow.

(Don't tell my wife, and we have a deal!)

Great trio, Billy!

bobbi....bobbi....guess what!

Great trio, Billy!

"bobbi...bobbi...guess what! it looks like you're back on for going to the florida game with me--my former friend can't make it"

"bobbi...bobbi...guess what! it looks like you're back on for going to the florida game with me--my former friend can't make it" [/quote

:signfunny:

So I've been buying up quite a few Fox books lately...and last week was particularly good. :)

Thanks to Metro (& Frank for service) for these next two. Here's Fantastic #5, one that's eluded me for quite a while. Some wild stories in this one...I'll try to post a page or two soon.

43112-fantastic5sm.jpg

I've made fun of this cover for years...and now I own it! From the "so bad it's good" school of art. Anyone know who drew this?

Unfortunately, no Fletcher Hanks stories in this issue. (There's a "fill-in" writer/artist on Stardust...you can imagine how well that worked out.)

43121-fantastic9sm.jpg

Since I'm in the neighborhood, and am playing with a new camera... Here's a group shot of my Fantastic run. Doesn't look like a lot maybe, but it took me five years (!) to get this far.

43995-fantastics2small.jpg

(thumbs u

And finally, huge thanks to Ryan for this one. The pages are getting a touch weak at the corners, but the colors are electric and the book presents just beautifully. I love it. :headbang:

43128-weird3sm.jpg

Since I'm in the neighborhood, and am playing with a new camera... Here's a group shot of my Fantastic run. Doesn't look like a lot maybe, but it took me five years (!) to get this far.

43995-fantastics2small.jpg

Congrats, P5. :applause:

I'm hoping you post photos from any particularly wacky stories. :)