• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,238 posts in this topic

If you collect early Fox books, you have likely seen this ad before.

Does anyone know if any Fox Comicscopes still exist? I'd love to see what one actually looked like.

59227-comicscopesm.jpg.c93f752c430ae40d4dda6750403e328a.jpg

59230-text.jpg.b9433f49ab8667e2508ccf529d20656a.jpg

Hi Fox gang,

I posted the below note a while back and got a nice hand from Ryan who helped me check a Jungle tale off the list and Jon L. with a Big Red story. Can any of you other guys help me out here. I am just a few stories short of a second volume of Fletcher Hanks.

Thanks y'all!

Hi everyone, I am back after a long absence but that does not mean that i have not been enjoying the juicy scan y'all dish up.

Thanks also to all of you who picked up my book, "I Shall Destroy All the Civilized Planets: The Comics of Fletcher Hanks". The book has done surprisingly well and is now in its 3rd printing thanks to enthusiasts such as yourselves.

The publisher is keen on pulling together a 2nd volume, but I have run out of stories. Can anyone help me out by providing good scans of the Hanks' tales in the following:

JUNGLE (Fiction House)

#2 Mystery Woman of the Jungle

#8 [The Temple In the Mud Pit]

#9 The Tiger-Women of Wildmoon Mountain]

#12 [The New Blitzers]

#14 [The Revenge of Zomax]

FIGHT COMICS (Fiction House)

#3 [The Timber Thieves]

#4 [The Lumber Hijackers]

#6 [The Paper Racketeers]

#7 [The Lumber Hijackers]

#8 [The Monk's War Rockets]

#9 Last appearance Sept. 1940 [searching For Sally Breen]

Daring Mystery (Timely)

#4 [Mars Attacks] Whirlwind Carter

#5 [Planet of Black-Light] Whirlwind Carter

Planet Comics (Fiction House)

#2 The Dashing, Slashing Adventure of the Great Solinoor Diamond, Tiger

Hart (Medieval story)

#5 Buzz Crandall [slaves of the Flower People]

#8 Buzz Crandall [sophus, the Mad Philosopher]

Hi Paul. :hi: Just as a reminder, I had sent you the Jungle #14 as well so you can take that one off. Good luck in tracking down some of the other stories!

--Jon

Scrooge is the user name of one of the forum members. Just send him a Private Message.

REX DEXTER SPREAD (everything you could want in a sci-fi comic) 1272395-rexspread.JPG

1272392-rexopener.JPG

I was wondering whether the Rex Dexter spread was from the comic or is from Mystery Men 4. If it is from Rex Dexter then it should be listed as a reprint from Mystery Men. Can anyone confirm?

bb

Does anyone know if any Fox Comicscopes still exist? I'd love to see what one actually looked like.

Let's all go to the movies. Pretty cool box and this one looks to be in nice shape.

3247_12.JPG

Comic-Scope on eBay

Let's all go to the movies. Pretty cool box and this one looks to be in nice shape.

3247_12.JPG

Comic-Scope on eBay

That's cool! Thanks for the post! :applause:

Though I'm still curious (never satisfied, am I ;) ) if any Fox-specific Comicscopes exist. The ads show a line drawing of a Comicscope box with art from the various Fox features all over it. Might be another variation that exists, or it might have just been the ad artist's fanciful interpretation of what they were selling with no basis in reality. Either way, very cool to see the one shown here.