• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

Lovely books Steve!

I was flipping through my copy of Fantastic Comics 6 recently and I noticed that it has 3 Fletcher Hanks stories, one of which (the Stardust story) did not make it into Paul Karasik's list or books. Has anyone checked their books for other stories that may have been missed?

I was flipping through my copy of Fantastic Comics 6 recently and I noticed that it has 3 Fletcher Hanks stories, one of which (the Stardust story) did not make it into Paul Karasik's list or books. Has anyone checked their books for other stories that may have been missed?

Interesting - I don't have a Fantastic 6, but the GCD does indeed show three Hanks' stories (Stardust, Space Smith, and Yank Wilson).

Good catch.

Nice stuff, but, though it is signed "Fletcher Hanks", I am certain that it ain't drawn by Hanks.

Hence, it ain't in the books.

Nice try! I am still hoping to find any stories that I may have overlooked.

thanks,

-Paul

The art is a bit different, but there are a lot of Hanks elements. Is there any particular reason you don't think it was him?

Lots of reasons. Starting with panel 2 on page 1. Absolutely nothing in Hanks entire output looks anything like this.

Believe me....this is NOT by Hanks...Even the signature is off.

-Paul

Agreed 100%. I've never had any doubt... Hanks' linework, his layouts and even his lettering are so distinctive. For whatever odd reason, it was a fill-in story with someone else (poorly) aping his style.

Hi Paul, long time. Hope all is well!

would've liked a little more out of this one, but it has some staining, and cgc not a fan...

mmen9.jpg

Tough book in grade Billy, yours is one of the better copies I've seen (mine is only a 3.5).

Well the nice part you got going with this is that as far as eye tests are concerned this book is a BEAUTY!!!! So is the other BTW!! Great stuff as always BP!! :applause: