• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

mysterymen10.jpg

Fabulous run! This one is my favorite.

Thank goodness the editor had the good sense to put the -- not really necessary -- caption off to the side rather than sticking it in the middle of the art.

mysterymen10.jpg

Fabulous run! This one is my favorite.

Thank goodness the editor had the good sense to put the -- not really necessary -- caption off to the side rather than sticking it in the middle of the art.

+1

I'm not generally much of a Fox collector, but this one has it all going for it. It's not going on the want list. Makes me think of this:

fumanchupin_zps9bec3b92.jpg

mysterymen10.jpg

Just love that Simon book colors used and all.

Really tough book in any grade. (worship) Billy's 5.0 with nice PQ is the second highest graded unrestored copy (CGC).

Only 8 copies total currently in the CGC system. My HGC is just 6.5 ...

23efddfb-1054-4c92-a191-84b66879f9f4_zpsba10ce00.jpg

Simon did a great string of covers....jb In fact each "section" of cover artists from Fine to Patenaude did wonderful work.....

157290.jpg.ab68373f9c624232d3a11b7228b783e1.jpg

157291.jpg.21266d51d2d3893d6d2985205cc0d6a9.jpg

The Larson - which is an 8.0 - 9.0 - is ungraded and owned by a boardie.

The Allentown - which I imagine is a 9.4 - 9.6 - is ungraded and owned by a boardie.

The Church - which is killer - is ungraded and owned by a boardie.

The "grease pencil S" copy - which would grade in the 9.0s - is ungraded and owned by a collector who lurks the boards.

Mystery Men 10 is actually very easy to find in high grade, but as I have found out it is impossible to buy.

The Larson - which is an 8.0 - 9.0 - is ungraded and owned by a boardie.

The Allentown - which I imagine is a 9.4 - 9.6 - is ungraded and owned by a boardie.

The Church - which is killer - is ungraded and owned by a boardie.

The "grease pencil S" copy - which would grade in the 9.0s - is ungraded and owned by a collector who lurks the boards.

Mystery Men 10 is actually very easy to find in high grade, but as I have found out it is impossible to buy.

So I'd have to find someone willing to part with a raw pedigree to get an upgrade. :cry: