• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

My second Fox pick-up. Someone made me pay dearly for this one.

image_zpsvv6qxlim.jpeg

Sorry for running you up on this one :foryou: its one heck of a tough one to find and one of the only issues in the run I am missing, I suspect I will end up paying dearly as well.

Great book J!!!! Love it!! Homerun for sure falls into that late 41' early 42' category that i am so fond of.

What......no love for the '39 and early 1940's Fox books? (tsk)

Come on now LF We've crossed this bridge already :gossip::foryou::grin:

Taken right now just for you brother!! Sorry for the lighting its dark here in Cleveland...I will have to get a group shot of all the Fox's Ive put together when time permits...I just have a, "special fondness" for the later ones but love em' all...Its all about Patenaude I won't lie...So now question a for you for my freind...do you collect the late 41' early 42' books or just the 39-40s?

30349648920_87b1e0ff17_b.jpg

My second Fox pick-up. Someone made me pay dearly for this one.

image_zpsvv6qxlim.jpeg

Awesome book.

YEP!!!! Late MMs seem to be on fire and that's a nice copy huge congrats was hoping a boardie brought it home!!

+1, awesome pick up! (thumbs u

Great book J!!!! Love it!! Homerun for sure falls into that late 41' early 42' category that i am so fond of.

Taken right now just for you brother!! Sorry for the lighting its dark here in Cleveland...I will have to get a group shot of all the Fox's Ive put together when time permits...I just have a, "special fondness" for the later ones but love em' all...Its all about Patenaude I won't lie...So now question a for you for my freind...do you collect the late 41' early 42' books or just the 39-40s?

Beautiful...just beautiful! :applause:

So now question a for you for my freind...do you collect the late 41' early 42' books or just the 39-40s?

Gino;

Love your WW 7 & 15 which you have there and the Science Comics. (thumbs u

As for myself, my Fox books are mostly from '39 - 40's and then a big jump to a few copies from their second coming in the latter part of the 40's.

My Wonderworld 13 was the latest issue of WW that I used to have, but it's now sitting in Bedrock's personal collection.

So now question a for you for my freind...do you collect the late 41' early 42' books or just the 39-40s?

Gino;

Love your WW 7 & 15 which you have there and the Science Comics. (thumbs u

As for myself, my Fox books are mostly from '39 - 40's and then a big jump to a few copies from their second coming in the latter part of the 40's.

My Wonderworld 13 was the latest issue of WW that I used to have, but it's now sitting in Bedrock's personal collection.

thanks brother!! The 7 and the 15 are just covers but what great covers they are!! I would like complete copies someday so if anyone has some extras just sitting around give me a buzz haha!! If your book is sitting in Richards personal collection I have no doubt it is a beauty and probably nicer than EVERY single GA book grade wise that I have ever purchased!!

Beautiful...just beautiful! :applause:

Thanks C!!!!

i'm an inveterate "early fox" guy--they lose me in august '40. i do agree that after a spate of bad books in all the various titles, they do get pretty cool again later. however, having a lot of completist in me, i'd want all the books, and just couldn't get on board collecting those awful ones.

i'm an inveterate "early fox" guy--they lose me in august '40. i do agree that after a spate of bad books in all the various titles, they do get pretty cool again later. however, having a lot of completist in me, i'd want all the books, and just couldn't get on board collecting those awful ones.

Totally agreed BP some of the middle ones of the runs especially cover wise are pretty BLAH!!!

While I'm here again I figure I could share a few splash pages from Flame #8 that I find particularly cool and some downright creepy awesome!! "The Finger of Frozen Death" while not a full splash is just spectacular as are the others I suppose!!

30546996102_1edcbfb5d5_c.jpg

30575875151_2fc9ccbe7c_c.jpg

30546991692_5820568e66_c.jpg

30364009740_fe1c35ca27_c.jpg

Totally agreed BP some of the middle ones of the runs especially cover wise are pretty BLAH!!!

While I'm here again I figure I could share a few splash pages from Flame #8 that I find particularly cool and some downright creepy awesome!! "The Finger of Frozen Death" while not a full splash is just spectacular as are the others I suppose!!

Gino, thanks for sharing! Those splash pages are exquisite!!!

(go cubs :-)

Those splashes are BAD*** :headbang:

I too agree that the artwork and covers of the middle Fox books are generally tougher to stomach. The only one I have is a Mystery Men 13 and the only reason I picked it up was because the grade was very high and the price was very low. In hindsight I'm glad I got it, but the cover is still pretty blah...

mysterymen13.jpg