• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

Reader #2 of 1st Lou Fine cover:

nPG9Tay.jpg

Reader or not :takeit: love wonder 2.

Wonder 1 AND Wonder 2. Aardvark, those are two of the most ancient wonders of the world (pun sort of intended). Seeing them side by side is awesome. What a pair!! (thumbs u

Just picked this up. Red cover. :cloud9:

fantastic8_zpslzwklagq.jpg

I saw those Foxes in the HA Sunday night auction. A little surprised that they weren't included in the signature auction, but the consignor still received strong prices.

It is a very sharp looking copy and a nice pickup.

I saw those Foxes in the HA Sunday night auction. A little surprised that they weren't included in the signature auction, but the consignor still received strong prices.

+1

Yes, indeed, a real nice presenting book with a beautiful red cover to boot! :applause:

Not so sure about the strong prices for the consignor though. Although this particular issue out of the four available did go for multiples of guide, it looks like Fantastic 9 sold at a discount to guide while issue #10 sold just barely at guide price. :o Especially since both of these issues were relatively high grade in the sense that they had only 1 higher graded copy.

Not so sure the consignor would be happy with these prices on an overall basis, as I certainly would not be. Especially when raw low grade copies of Wonderworld's 11 & 12 were fetching close to 3K on eBay a few months ago while these relatively high grade Fantastic's only sold for $550 to $850 each. :cry:

But a Fantastic steal of a deal (pun fully intended) for the buyer of these last 3 issues. (thumbs u

Not so sure about the strong prices for the consignor though. Although this particular issue out of the four available did go for multiples of guide, it looks like Fantastic 9 sold at a discount to guide while issue #10 sold just barely at guide price. :o Especially since both of these issues were relatively high grade in the sense that they had only 1 higher graded copy.

Another indication of how cover-driven the hobby is these days.

Another indication of how cover-driven the hobby is these days.

Really nothing at all wrong with the cover for Fantastic 11 which sold for only $597, although I guess it would have done a lot better with a female in bondage, as opposed to a male in bondage on top of a spiked bed of nails. hm

Doubt the consignor is going to see much money for these last 3 Fantastic's after Heritage takes off their standard 30% juice. :censored:

BTW: Congrats on your pickup of Fantastic 6 because that's definitely just a fantastic cover. (thumbs u

+1

Yes, indeed, a real nice presenting book with a beautiful red cover to boot! :applause:

Not so sure the consignor would be happy with these prices on an overall basis, as I certainly would not be. Especially when raw low grade copies of Wonderworld's 11 & 12 were fetching close to 3K on eBay a few months ago while these relatively high grade Fantastic's only sold for $550 to $850 each. :cry:

But a Fantastic steal of a deal (pun fully intended) for the buyer of these last 3 issues. (thumbs u

#8 is the last of the fine/simon run. imo, there should be a tremendous dropoff thereafter, until the cool later books come around. 9 & 10 are not very desirable as far as i can tell.

+1

#8 is the last of the fine/simon run. imo, there should be a tremendous dropoff thereafter, until the cool later books come around. 9 & 10 are not very desirable as far as i can tell.

Exactly, after 8 there is very little interest until 21, 22, 23. It is all about the cover artist/art and while 11 is less bad than some others it is still pretty bad.

There is simply no comparison between Fantastic 11 and Wonderworld 11.

The post Fine/Simon books sold for exactly what they should and I doubt the consignor had outsized expectations since there was no precedent for those books to go for multiples of guide.

+1

Fantastic pickup!! Love it!! From the front cover scan the book looks NearMint!! :applause:

+1

Exactly, after 8 there is very little interest until 21, 22, 23. It is all about the cover artist/art and while 11 is less bad than some others it is still pretty bad.

There is simply no comparison between Fantastic 11 and Wonderworld 11.

The post Fine/Simon books sold for exactly what they should and I doubt the consignor had outsized expectations since there was no precedent for those books to go for multiples of guide.

That's a great book, nearmint. The Simon cover is eye-poppingly stunning. It does seem that the appeal of the cover art/artist is at full steam right now, (partly?) due to the fact that many GA books coming to market these days stay sealed in plastic, rendering the stories within said plastic of little consequence or interest.

???

The below Wonderworld has a Dr Fung story which means it is issue #13 or lower. Can anyone tell me if this is from # 4 or 5? Need help please. Already checked Grand Comic Database last year.

Vk8sdeA.jpg

www.comicbooksplus.com

...GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...click on "Comics in the Public Domain" and find scans of thousands of books from cover to cover :cloud9:

jimjum12: thanks.

Have not been to that site for comics research. Will try it. <3

If your criteria for purchasing involves the stories inside.... this site is a must. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u