• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

Awfull pretty skybolt! I wouldn't say it's my favorite GGA book, but for sure in the top 3...

Thanks! What would be your top 2?

Just very quickly off the top of my head...

This for sure

comgiantcom12_zps98684840.jpg

and maybe this

comfight35_zpsl2h0zrqe.jpg

There are soooo many more I could list if I thought about it.

My favorite GGA cover. Just had it pressed and regraded.

34or702.jpg

Did the pressing help in terms of getting a bump on the original grade or was it always a VF+ copy to start with? hm

Either way, congrats on such a top notch book as it would look fantastic in anybody's collection. :cloud9:(thumbs u

34or702.jpg

Did the pressing help in terms of getting a bump on the original grade or was it always a VF+ copy to start with? hm

Either way, congrats on such a top notch book as it would look fantastic in anybody's collection. :cloud9:(thumbs u

Thanks. I purchased the book back in 2005 from Metro as a raw 8.5. However, CGC really hammered the book and gave it a 7.0. The pressing did help, but I always believed the book was at least an 8.0.

Awfull pretty skybolt! I wouldn't say it's my favorite GGA book, but for sure in the top 3...

Thanks! What would be your top 2?

Just very quickly off the top of my head...

This for sure

comgiantcom12_zps98684840.jpg

and maybe this

comfight35_zpsl2h0zrqe.jpg

There are soooo many more I could list if I thought about it.

Beautiful books. The GCE 12 has always been one of my favorite GGA covers. Too bad I never owned a copy. :(

34or702.jpg

Thanks. I purchased the book back in 2005 from Metro as a raw 8.5. However, CGC really hammered the book and gave it a 7.0. The pressing did help, but I always believed the book was at least an 8.0.

Probably Metro was closer to having the right grade as compared to CGC on their first go round then. :gossip:

All the good stuff is there lol

I enjoy having a super hi grade book in something I can afford, like I have a sweet Mile High 9.4 Julie Prom that was under $1000, but I'm not gonna drop $8k on a high grade Junior (except 15). It is a cool thing to find that 5.5-7.5 copy that looks great and is not priced all that high. For most books that is where I like to be. Problem is, I don't think I'm alone in that. (shrug)

I'm not a grade snob though. If the book has got good color and looks good I have seen some pretty lower grade books too.

Edited by Ricksneatstuff