• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

Got a nice new Fox off the boards. Great skull cover and splash page. I didn't know that Chas Quinlin (Catman fame) did Blue Beetle. Thanks Jim!

combluebeetle24a_zpsetm4yg7v.jpg

combluebeetle24b_zpsij2syed8.jpg

They have the swastika going in both direction in that splash!

It's no pedigree....that I know of...... but is kind of pretty. It's a decent Baker cover that caught my eye..... GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Not a pedigree but there were some high grade Fox books found in Atlanta and they had a nice copy of that Zago.

When were these Fox books found and do you have any idea as to its extent? Does it include any of the early Fox books such as the Mystery Men & Wonderworld runs? ???

It's no pedigree....that I know of...... but is kind of pretty. It's a decent Baker cover that caught my eye..... GOD BLESS.....

Not a pedigree but there were some high grade Fox books found in Atlanta and they had a nice copy of that Zago.

When were these Fox books found and do you have any idea as to its extent? Does it include any of the early Fox books such as the Mystery Men & Wonderworld runs? ???

... not sure, but I think that group was mainly the Jungle Girl stuff (shrug) GOD BLESS....

Got a nice new Fox off the boards. Great skull cover and splash page. I didn't know that Chas Quinlin (Catman fame) did Blue Beetle. Thanks Jim!

combluebeetle24a_zpsetm4yg7v.jpg

combluebeetle24b_zpsij2syed8.jpg

Robot Man -- that's a great looking book! And thanks for that Quinlan splash page.

Maybe because Holyoke Publishing Co. published issues #12-30 of the Blue Beetle (June '42 to Feb. '44), there was a different roster of artists available than at Fox; thus enter Quinlan...

BTW was there any creative collaboration between Fox and Holyoke during this stretch of issues?

A Jo-Jo before the Jungle covers took over...

Jo-Jo%20Comics%204_zpsi9izuwhg.jpg

An interior shot of a story you probably wouldn't expect to find under this cover. Check the mailaway for the Blue Beetle whistle!

FullSizeRender%204_zpsvqjcy1vw.jpg

Cool book and dare I say, a Halloween cover?

The Blue Beetle whistle is interesting. Never had or seen one. Makes me wonder if they actually ever made them. But I do have this. The only Fox premium I can think of.

bluebeetletattos_zpszsgvohef.jpg

An interior shot of a story you probably wouldn't expect to find under this cover. Check the mailaway for the Blue Beetle whistle!

The Blue Beetle whistle is interesting. Never had or seen one. Makes me wonder if they actually ever made them. But I do have this. The only Fox premium I can think of.

Thanks Secentaur and Robot Man. Appreciate it.

RM, I knew you'd have a deeper insight as to if it existed and who may have one of it did (if it wasn't your yourself :D . So, in cases when a premium was never made , would the company send another premium of equal value or issue a refund?

Is the Blue Beetle whistle the 'White Whale'?

I don't really know. I got everything I always sent away for. There are a few "phantom" premiums that were created but never distributed. Hakes Americana offered the Gold Premium Archives years ago. There were lots of prototypes and test premiums in the collection.

This "look-around" ring was one of them (a prototype)

ringsecretagent_zpsswaccrs5.jpg

Thanks Secentaur and Robot Man. Appreciate it.

RM, I knew you'd have a deeper insight as to if it existed and who may have one of it did (if it wasn't your yourself :D . So, in cases when a premium was never made , would the company send another premium of equal value or issue a refund?

Is the Blue Beetle whistle the 'White Whale'?

Yeah that is interesting for sure and great stuff gents!!

Very cool black cover