• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Straw-Man said:

the fox books are surely sought after, the thru-7/40 books especially, at least on the bayou.

allfoxes.jpg

Simply incredible group! Nicely done, Billy! You inspired me to post a group shot of my own in the MLJ thread.

10 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

looking at that ol' group really reminds me how much upgrading i've managed to do on the global run over the last several years.

How about with the carpet? hm

12 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

the fox books are surely sought after, the thru-7/40 books especially, at least on the bayou.

allfoxes.jpg

A vision of heaven on Earth!

(well, heaven on the floor anyway... but my point still holds! :sumo:)

I don't have a good reason for slabbing this - I knew of the CT, tape, and seal and should have known of the trimming.  This is the book I bought from Danny Dupcak - ordered from and ad in The Buyer's Guide back in the 70s when he ran Fantasia Comics (I think that is the way it was spelled).  I saw the restoration when I got it (sans the trimming) and tried my darndest to return - he never answered the phone or returned calls (and remember long distance calling wasn't cheap then), I wrote a couple of letters to no obvious avail.  So it sat in my collection until I put in a group I subbed.  Love the cover but it is PLOD fodder with the trimming.  But I still love it as a link to the old mail ordering times of comics.  Sight unseen, checks sent through snail mail, then waiting and hoping you got the books.   :preach:

5a7e56f170ebb_mysterymencomics4.thumb.jpg.2af9a7416e3744c2bc753a92618fcea6.jpg

2 minutes ago, telerites said:

I don't have a good reason for slabbing this - I knew of the CT, tape, and seal and should have known of the trimming.  This is the book I bought from Danny Dupcak - ordered from and ad in The Buyer's Guide back in the 70s when he ran Fantasia Comics (I think that is the way it was spelled).  I saw the restoration when I got it (sans the trimming) and tried my darndest to return - he never answered the phone or returned calls (and remember long distance calling wasn't cheap then), I wrote a couple of letters to no obvious avail.  So it sat in my collection until I put in a group I subbed.  Love the cover but it is PLOD fodder with the trimming.  But I still love it as a link to the old mail ordering times of comics.  Sight unseen, checks sent through snail mail, then waiting and hoping you got the books.   :preach:

Jeff, your collection is BANANAS! Just one cool book after another. I'm always amazed! :headbang:

17 minutes ago, telerites said:

Hey, still today worth a lot more than you paid that charlatan for it. Things have a way of catching up if you hold things long enough.

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Hey, still today worth a lot more than you paid that charlatan for it. Things have a way of catching up if you hold things long enough.

Yeah true. He is still operating, isn't he?  Shame he did/does pollute the hobby.  

11 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I just realized somehow I did not share this here, where it belongs. 

I’ve bought a LOT of great books the last 3 years but only a handful I actually sit and stare at like this one. Very special thanks to the good man who let me steward this book for a while.

1E82194D-AC9D-423B-82D6-8E851AD32B66.jpeg

That would be a hard book to let go of...... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

5 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Ducpak :facepalm: - what a scourge on the hobby. I kept one book (Amazing Mystery Funnies 2/7) that I obtained from him as a reminder to never deal with such slime again.

Still, any copy of Mystery Men 4 = :acclaim:

Steve, he is still around under evolving Ebay monikers, correct?

1 hour ago, telerites said:
6 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Ducpak :facepalm: - what a scourge on the hobby. I kept one book (Amazing Mystery Funnies 2/7) that I obtained from him as a reminder to never deal with such slime again.

Still, any copy of Mystery Men 4 = :acclaim:

Steve, he is still around under evolving Ebay monikers, correct?

I haven't seen hide nor hair of his auctions in years, and they're easy enough to spot. I think he plies his "trade" elsewhere these days, on other auction sites.