• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, RareHighGrade said:

Who drew the cover:  Fine, Simon or Tuska?

Simon became the primary cover artist for Fox starting that same month, but I think this is too good for him and we are looking at Lou Fine's last cover for Fox.

1 hour ago, RareHighGrade said:

Who drew the cover:  Fine, Simon or Tuska?

22 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Simon became the primary cover artist for Fox starting that same month, but I think this is too good for him and we are looking at Lou Fine's last cover for Fox.

Agree. The cover of Weird 2 has many of the hallmarks of Lou Fine. Except for the goon with the headgear at the bottom right of the cover -- his face looks "Simon-ized" to me, a bit more cartoony. But given how crazy and bewildering this cover is (what exactly is going on here??), I wouldn't be surprised if this cover was a paste-up melange of different images from the hands of both Fine and Simon, without much regard for creating a rationally coherent scene... hm 

Disclaimer: all idle speculation!

3 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Agree. The cover of Weird 2 has many of the hallmarks of Lou Fine. Except for the goon with the headgear at the bottom right of the cover -- his face looks "Simon-ized" to me, a bit more cartoony. But given how crazy and bewildering this cover is (what exactly is going on here??), I wouldn't be surprised if this cover was a paste-up melange of different images from the hands of both Fine and Simon, without much regard for creating a rationally coherent scene..

It's certainly possible.  It does have the look of an assemblage rather than of a cohesive design of Fine covers of the prior two months (e.g. Wonderworld 11 & 12 or Mystery Men 8 & 9).  Wonderworld 13 from this same month is a decent effort by Simon so maybe he did some better than usual swiping and arranging.

18 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Back from Sarasota, one of my favorite Fox covers.  

5D17B207-D7F8-4106-908D-6F90C314C722.jpeg

You've definitely got good taste here. (thumbsu

I really love the combination of the red, green, and blue colors on this cover here, and from my own personal point of view, a definitive Kamen bondage classic cover image.  :cloud9:

Edited by lou_fine

11 hours ago, lou_fine said:

You've definitely got good taste here. (thumbsu

I really love the combination of the red, green, and blue colors on this cover here, and from my own personal point of view, a definitive Kamen bondage classic cover image.  :cloud9:

Colors are fine, but the cleavage sold the book... ;)

5 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

A real tight Zegra 2

image.jpg

Most likely that's the Aurora copy.

30 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Most likely that's the Aurora copy.

I picked it up from James Payette. You’d think he would have mentioned it. Not sure where he obtained it. I take it the markings are meaning something? Aside from some dust shadows, it’s  a really well preserved copy. Aurora? Never heard of that ped.