• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

With respect to Wonderworld Comics #3, it looks the buyer of this once former tied for highest graded Jon Berk Church copy was able to successfully get it reslabbed as a single highest CGC 9.6 graded copy as a Christmas present to himself a few months ago:  :cloud9:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/885353

won3.361_1.jpg

Makes me wonder if they are planning to bring it back to market in its newly regraded slab sooner rather than later now.  hm  (shrug)

On 3/25/2023 at 1:24 PM, mwotka said:

I love Wonderworld 3.  I was fortunate to acquire one fairly recently, albeit nowhere near a Church copy.  Still, it has nice color and I like it.

wonderworld 3 cgc 2.0 c1 trm.jpg

Nice colors as you had mentioned and on your overall visual POV, your copy certainly presents nicely relative to its assigned CGC grade. :applause:

Actually, speaking of HG copies of Wonderworld #3 of which there are only 2 graded above CGC 5.5 (i.e. the Church and Allentown) to this point in time, I wonder when the Larson copy will enter the battle for high grade supremacy.  Especially since Tricarichi had listed the Wonderworld 3 as a NM/M copy with absolutely no noted defects at all and I also remember Pat Kochanek referring to what he called "perfect Larsons" and listing the Wonderworld 3 as an example of one of the keys that would be part of this group.  hm  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

On 3/25/2023 at 1:24 PM, mwotka said:

I love Wonderworld 3.  I was fortunate to acquire one fairly recently, albeit nowhere near a Church copy.  Still, it has nice color and I like it.

wonderworld 3 cgc 2.0 c1 trm.jpg

Wow Mike! Very cool and important book. Great pick up! :cloud9:

On 3/25/2023 at 2:31 PM, lou_fine said:

With respect to Wonderworld Comics #3, it looks the buyer of this once former tied for highest graded Jon Berk Church copy was able to successfully get it reslabbed as a single highest CGC 9.6 graded copy as a Christmas present to himself a few months ago:  :cloud9:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/885353

won3.361_1.jpg

Makes me wonder if they are planning to bring it back to market in its newly regraded slab sooner rather than later now.  hm  (shrug)

i saw it in the new holder a couple months ago, and it looked just right.

Edited by Straw-Man

On 3/27/2023 at 5:03 AM, Straw-Man said:

i saw it in the new holder a couple months ago, and it looked just right.

By any chance since you have it in hand, would your Allentown copy of Wonderworld 3 look just as "right" in an new equivalent CGC 9.6 holder?  :wishluck: