• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

On 6/28/2006 at 9:07 PM, jbcomicbox said:

Lou Fine is my favorite artist...although a minor character...the image evinces the grace and lyrical quality that Fine brought to the drawn page.....for me it just is mesmerizing.....motion that you can feel although it is static......look at the care to the wrinkling of clothes......it just does it for me....different strokes for different folks.....jon

So many to choose from!

On 3/2/2023 at 11:04 AM, bodhee11 said:

So many to choose from!

On 3/2/2023 at 11:05 AM, bodhee11 said:

I really can't pick a favorite Fox cover but this is certainly high on the list. 

weird 1.jpg

Quoting an old Berk post and sharing a Berk book...I love it!  Weird 1 is great.

On 3/2/2023 at 10:16 AM, Straw-Man said:

now here is a downgrade i'm having no problem coming to grips with...

science2.jpg

science2-1.jpeg

On 3/2/2023 at 3:59 PM, Spyder! said:

Fantastic!

Ahhhhhh  Sir, that's not Fantastic..................................................it's Science.  :gossip:  lol

Now, this is Fantastic!!  :luhv:  :bigsmile:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/971894

fan2.241_2.jpg

Ane even much more "Fantastic" since it very rarely ever makes an appearance in the marketplace in this kind of condition grade.  :cloud9:

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/2/2023 at 10:16 AM, Straw-Man said:

now here is a downgrade i'm having no problem coming to grips with...

Seriously now and all kidding aside, now that an absolutely gorgeous copy of a classic cover book regardless of the color of the label.  :luhv:  :applause:

When it comes time for you to sell it though, make sure you state that it's in "Much better condition than before" and you'll be able to double your money just like that.  :banana:  lol

Edited by lou_fine

Is it just me or does anybody else here feel that this must be absolutely THE BEST George Tuska cover artwork he's ever done:  :luhv:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/978351

mys5.333.jpg

Especially since I still remember the artwork credits for this cover being attributed to Fine in the Overstreet guide back in the day for the longest while.  Then again, maybe it's just me since I do have an affinity for the color green when it comes to cover colors.  :luhv:  (shrug)

Will be interesting to see where this copy finishes up at since there seems to be a definite lack of quality early Fox books in both the upcoming CC and Heritage auctions on this go round here. :frown: :popcorn:  :taptaptap:

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/11/2023 at 1:44 PM, lou_fine said:

Is it just me or does anybody else here feel that this must be absolutely THE BEST George Tuska cover artwork he's ever done:  :luhv:

On 3/11/2023 at 6:53 PM, Spyder! said:

It’s a very cool cover, but Weird Comics #1 would be my choice. 

On 3/11/2023 at 6:55 PM, Straw-Man said:

me too, but i do love 'em both!

image.png.85749917a358c97556abda9629cc03d7.png

Never realize that the Weird Comics 1 cover was also by George Tuska, but then I guess I am not the only as evident by the CGC label.  :facepalm:  lol

On 3/11/2023 at 8:00 PM, lou_fine said:

Never realize that the Weird Comics 1 cover was also by George Tuska, but then I guess I am not the only as evident by the CGC label.  :facepalm:  lol

Yeah who knows. I’ve seen Lou Fine on the CGC label, George Tuska, and also no cover artist listed.

On 3/11/2023 at 9:03 PM, Spyder! said:
On 3/11/2023 at 8:00 PM, lou_fine said:

Yeah who knows. I’ve seen Lou Fine on the CGC label, George Tuska, and also no cover artist listed.

Yeah, similar to the Mystery Men 6 cover, as both of these covers were initially attributed to Fine by Overstreet for the longest while before he changed the credits to George Tuska in his guide.  (shrug)

Heck, maybe if we wait long enough, we'll probably find out that all of those calssic early Fox covers was not done by Fine, but actually all of them were done by Tuska.  lol  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap: