• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Look What My Wife Bought For Me . . . . .

17 posts in this topic

Long story here but due to personal reasons had to sell most all of my collection 5 years ago as my wife was hit by a car. Flesh and metal don't mix too well 893whatthe.gif, but after 5 years and her recovery.....she suprised me with this yesterday......

img0858bk8.jpg

Needless to say I was nearly in tears. This is one of my favorite all time covers (sorry - for GA, I was and I guess now am again a "cover collector". Just a great book with an outstanding Schomburg hail.gif cover. I just love it. I am thrilled.

Thanks and love to my wife.... hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Schomburg covers, here I come again.....

Karl.

Thanks for all the nice comments. It is a great copy...I am really happy to have it and a great issue to start off my collection with. I don't have a huge budget or anything for my collection - so I hope to add a GA Timely or two every year. It sure was a suprise. It was purchased from a local store. It has a small crease top right hand corner that breaks cover. No other major defects. It is a really nice mid-grade+ book. Thanks!