• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats your fav. writer/artist team run of all time???

19 posts in this topic

I've never started one of these and if its been discussed before, apologies, but the Byrne FF question kinda made me think. Gotta be a team though 893naughty-thumb.gif Miller Daredevils. Personally for me its always been Wolfman and Perez's run on New Teen Titans. 893applaud-thumb.gif Len and Bernie on Swamp is a close second.

while there have been many great artist/writer runs throughout the ages, im going to pick ditko/lee on amazing spider-man. when i was a kid/teen reading the early issues, it struck a note with me, ditko's artwork and plotting was superb and was a perfect fit with lee's writing. 893applaud-thumb.gifcloud9.gif

Tough call.

For me, I'd say Byrne/Claremont X-Men. Wolfman/Perez is a great run, likely my second favorite, and for anyone with free time and $50-$100, it may be one of the best values available.

In each case, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts:

Goodwin/Simonson Manhunter.

Englehart/Rogers Batman and Mr. Miracle.

O'Neil/Adams Batman and Green Lantern/Green Arrow.

Cheers,

Z.

SILVER: Stan Lee/Steve Ditko - AF15/ASM1-38, ASM Annuals 1-2

BRONZE: Claremont/Byrne - Marvel Team-Up/X-Men (tie)

COPPER: Moore/Bissette/Totlebon - Saga of the Swamp Thing/Swamp Thing

MODERN: Ellis/Cassaday - Planetary

Kev

If we are talking all time, then its Lee/Kirby in the early 60's. They produced FF, Hulk, Xmen, Avengers, Thor, Iron Man, Silver Surfer, all those great villans, and Kirby even had a hand in creating Spiderman as well (I am pretty sure he did the cover of AF15 BEFORE Ditko took over!). Beat that team.

im going to pick ditko/lee on amazing spider-man. when i was a kid/teen reading the early issues, it struck a note with me, ditko's artwork and plotting was superb and was a perfect fit with lee's writing.

Couldn't have said it better myself Pimpy. Ditko and Lee's Spider-Man run was truly 'Amazing'. acclaim.gif