• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,461 posts in this topic

Your comics are beautiful, Bruno. I need to seek your advice about scanning. lol! The colors are so vibrant!

I clearly need to re-scan parts of my collection. Here's another later Ditko Spidey. Spidey35.jpg

And this image will speak for itself I think. DITKOLETTER.JPG

Thanks!

Since I'm not a photoshop freak using the free picture editor that comes with Picasa I have found that if you increase the "Highlight" under the Tuning section just a little (not too much) then you can get the colors to represent themselves closer to the real thing.

Cool note from Mr. Ditko! :headbang:

Thanks, Bruno. I've been using the same soft-ware which came with my scanner 10 years ago. lol! I am not the most knowledgeable, when it comes to computers. I recently found Compupic, and am playing with that. I have gotten better though. This next Spidey was the 1st comic I scanned. lol! Spidey1.jpg

It's pretty crappy. :P

What grade on the ASM 1? Looks like a nice one! :headbang:

Thanks, folks. I have always felt it was a VF. I know grading is more numerical now, but I am content with VF.

I will eventually get it from the safety deposit box in my bank, and re-scan it.

Very nice raw comics you have, how long ago did you make all of these purchases?

Many of the comics in my collection, were purchased off the spinner rack, many, many moons ago, ASMguyyy. I have upgraded some comics, from time-to-time, as finances allowed, but truly not in the past 15 years or so.

I have picked-up some EC's on eBay within the past decade, but haven't posted those yet, as I haven't found an EC thread. (I haven't looked through-out this site) As I already have most Silver Marvels, I now collect interesting covers from random comics. It was a big help, that my friend Bob, owned Sarges Comics in the nearby town, for 20 years.

Good morning.

The Spidey #1 is an upgrade, Hawkman23. I mentioned in a post that my friend owned a comic shop within miles of my home. The posted Spidey came into his shop years ago. He alerted me to it, and I traded my original off-the-rack F copy, plus some cash, for the copy in the scan.

He resold my original quickly due to the lower price, and I got a nicer copy in the deal. Everyone was happy! lol!

Sweet lookin' Spidey #1, Junk.

Thanks, Hawk, and Point. I've shown my note to a few folks in our hobby (Bashara Malouf, Brad Savage, and a couple others, who were surprised to see an actual response from Mr. Ditko.

There's a Ditko thread in General Comics, which has already fallen to page 2, where I posted the note, with this commentary.

"I wrote to Mr Ditko in 1991, when I was writing comics for Revolutionary. My editor gave me his address in NYC, as they were negotiating with him to do some art for a book. He warned me not to expect a reply.

I wrote to him none- the-less. Several weeks passed with no reply. Then one Saturday morning, my SAS envelope returned to me with the enclosed note."

I was surprised the note generated such little interest in that thread, as both Bashara, and Brad said they'd never seen a hand-written note from Mr. Ditko, in all their years of collecting/buying and selling.

Sweet lookin' Spidey #1, Junk.

Thanks, Hawk, and Point. I've shown my note to a few folks in our hobby (Bashara Malouf, Brad Savage, and a couple others, who were surprised to see an actual response from Mr. Ditko.

There's a Ditko thread in General Comics, which has already fallen to page 2, where I posted the note, with this commentary.

"I wrote to Mr Ditko in 1991, when I was writing comics for Revolutionary. My editor gave me his address in NYC, as they were negotiating with him to do some art for a book. He warned me not to expect a reply.

I wrote to him none- the-less. Several weeks passed with no reply. Then one Saturday morning, my SAS envelope returned to me with the enclosed note."

I was surprised the note generated such little interest in that thread, as both Bashara, and Brad said they'd never seen a hand-written note from Mr. Ditko, in all their years of collecting/buying and selling.

Look at it this way. You're one of probably only a few people who has a Steve Ditko autograph (even if it is only his first name and not on a comic book)! I think it's great myself! (thumbs u

If I understand your question junk, I was requesting that Mr. Ditko sign my copy of Spidey #14.It's a favorite issue, as well as a early Hulk appearance.

Completely agree, Shark. I honestly thought it would generate more interest in a thread devoted to Ditko, that's all. And it's definitely a great thing to own.