• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,460 posts in this topic

I call it a VF+, Hawk.The top staple is slightly indented,
From the front scan it looks like it would bury 9.0+. I think indented staples count as a printing defect? Not sure. I noticed a few 9.4s with indented staples in the past Sparkle City Saginaw collection auctions.

Y'know, I never noticed the centering until you mentioned it, Cloud.

Grading has changed so much since Overstreet's first grading guide, and CGC's grading services, that I don't know as much about grading, as I once thought I did. lol!

When I picked it up almost 20 years ago, my buddy and I both agreed it was a VF+. The next owner can change/challenge that. lol!!

Y'know, I never noticed the centering until you mentioned it, Cloud.

Grading has changed so much since Overstreet's first grading guide, and CGC's grading services, that I don't know as much about grading, as I once thought I did. lol!

When I picked it up almost 20 years ago, my buddy and I both agreed it was a VF+. The next owner can change/challenge that. lol!!

I learned from guys here on the boards how the "L" in LEARN at the bottom of the cover is often not there because of centering. That's a beautiful copy. Beats my VG copy by a country mile. :lol:

That's cool to know, thanks.

I thought your comment was referring to the full Spidey profile in the "box" above #10. My #16, and some others in my collection have a "less-full" profile in the box, which I've always attributed to centering.

That's cool to know, thanks.

I thought your comment was referring to the full Spidey profile in the "box" above #10. My #16, and some others in my collection have a "less-full" profile in the box, which I've always attributed to centering.

That too!