• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,436 posts in this topic

Awesome Spidey # 4 Jim! :cloud9: That # 40 is adorable Sir. :luhv:

Even though Spidey is my third collecting focus this is my favorite

SA cover and book that arrived today thanks to Flaming_Telepath.

Spidey33F.jpg

Another cover I love. :luhv:

Spidey19-F.jpg

Thanks again Nick! (worship)

.....nice seeing you in this neck of the woods again, Fazy.....You've got my curiousity now....we all know what your # 1 focus is, and with Spidey at # 3....I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what # 2 is.......GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thank you Jim! Sorry for the late reply and this darn working for a living is a pain. :P

I have too many focuses and my purse is too small, most of the time.

Number two is Batman and Techs, but I keep toying with the idea of trying

to collect as many Russ Heath covers as possible for me. I'm loving his Atlas

War and Horror and I've been eyeing his Sea Devils work. :luhv:

BTW that Spidey 45 Boston is incredible. It's hard to beat old Spidey with

so many awesome books. Here's a another favorite Spidey of mine and I once

owned a CGC 9.6 for a very short time. :boo:

ASM11980.jpg

I always plan on making this one of my first submissions but I love to flip through the pages too much. That's pretty bad I've been on these boards for over five

years and I've never used CGC's services. :blush::sorry:

CopyofPicture060.jpg:cloud9:

....quite a few issues of Menace have a Russ Heath story....not many covers, though. That ASM 20 IS GORGEOUS......it's one of my favorites and one I still lack for my Ditko stack. I love the stories, art, ads, and letter columns in those Ditko Spideys too much to slab them...heck, more often I take them OUT of the slab. I collect mid grade on those for that very reason....plus it's a little cheaper.

I actually came up in the Romita days but fell in love with Ditko through those 25 cent Marvel Tales giants back in the 60's. The first back issue I ever ordered through the mail was Marvel Tales #4 that I thought had the first Vulture( who I was curious about from Spidey annual #6 (another reprint). It was the second Vulture but I washooked on mail order from that point forward....I :cloud9: packages.....sending 'em and getting 'em. GOD BLESS...

P.S. I'm sorry to hear that you're considering Atlas as a focus.....VERY addictive.....my sympathies lol

Wow Barton! :o Those Boston copies are lovely. :cloud9:

I walked into a Boston Market the other day and asked for the comics....but all they had was food. NICE books GT, did you get them raw from Bachara ? Definite keepers. GOD BLESS...

Beautiful Boston books, Barton. (thumbs u

I like to see that there are other copies like that #31, with the cover wrap to the right instead of always the other way. Tough books.

ASM03194White.jpg

WOW Don! Exceptional! :headbang:

Beautiful Boston books, Barton. (thumbs u

I like to see that there are other copies like that #31, with the cover wrap to the right instead of always the other way. Tough books.

ASM03194White.jpg

Beautiful copy. One of my favorite issues, also one that I've never owned in high grade.

Wow Barton! :o Those Boston copies are lovely. :cloud9:

I walked into a Boston Market the other day and asked for the comics....but all they had was food. NICE books GT, did you get them raw from Bachara ? Definite keepers. GOD BLESS...

The 31 and 35 were still raw when I got them. Most of them came in trades from Schmell when he got a jones for other pedigrees like the White Mountains or Pacific Coasts.

This would go nice with the Boston 51 :) and check out the color strike! :cloud9:

ASM50Front.jpg

ASM50cgc96fc.jpg

Nice...Whats do you do for work? Hedge Funds??? You spend some crazy money...and your sig line is starting to make my eyes bleed. lol

He's connected to Pablo Escobar

This would go nice with the Boston 51 :) and check out the color strike! :cloud9:

ASM50Front.jpg

ASM50cgc96fc.jpg

Sweet copy, ASM 50 is one of my very favorites.

I used to look at any copies I could find of ASM 34, 50, 100, 121 and 122. That was in the late 70's when the last issue I had was about #150. I've owned several of each of them, but never over 9.2 until recently. Back then #129 was $10, since they were only a couple of years old.

I do love this book, but bought it for investment purposes - i'm going to keep a lower grade copy (9.0+/-).

BAF - i'm working on getting the silver age keys in 7.0+ (the AF15 is gonna hurt)!!! But I do have some nice ones to add to my signature - coming soon to a theatre near you!

anyone who is interested in this one of a kind ASM50 9.6, shoot me a PM (but It won't be cheap!)

best,

Joey

ASM50Front.jpg

ASM50cgc96fc.jpg

Nice...Whats do you do for work? Hedge Funds??? You spend some crazy money...and your sig line is starting to make my eyes bleed. lol

He's connected to Pablo Escobar

esta bien

You should watch a movie called "The Crew." It's about a bunch of retired wiseguys who steal a body from the morgue, shoot it and leave it in their hotel(raising rents), so they can afford to stay. The dead guy they pick was from a retirement home, and turned out to be an ex drug lord, with the grown son there in town. It's full of funny drug lord stereotypes, dumb crooks, etc. You might even cry. :gossip:

I watched it for the actors, and it turned out to be a great small movie.

Richard Dreyfuss, Burt Reynolds, Jeremy Piven, Carrie-Anne Moss, Jennifer Tilly.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0198386/