• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

14,027 posts in this topic

(worship)

Awesome. That's what I need.

Can you believe there's actually a CGC 9.9 copy of this issue??? Wow, if that book ever hit the open market...

...I'd still place an utterly futile bid on it.

That was the Boston copy and it sold for the unworldly sum of $16K back in 2007.

Later a Rocky Mountain 9.6 or 9.8 (I forgot which) eclipsed that mark

Edited by djpinkpanther67

Here's my humble copy. This is a perfect example of the addage, "Buy the book, not the label." This copy is only 8.0 because of a soft bump at the top right. Otherwise, it's gorgeous. The spine is comparable to a 9.2 or 9.4.

I'm still looking to upgrade, though. Maybe that 9.9... :whistle:

ff55.jpg

FantasticFour55F.jpg

(worship)

Can you believe there's actually a CGC 9.9 copy of this issue??? Wow, if that book ever hit the open market...

This is just as impressive! Nice book Thomas! Hope you are doing well. :hi:

-Christian

(worship)

That was the Boston copy and it sold for the unworldly sum of $16K back in 2007.

There are no 9.8's! Just a couple 9.6's, then WHAM! -the 9.9.

(worship)

This is just as impressive! Nice book Thomas! Hope you are doing well. :hi:

-Christian

Thanks Christian! :grin:

I'm doing well and thanks for asking!

(worship)

Yup it was a 9.6 sold in 2008, on comiclink. It went higher than the Boston copy.

(worship)

Yup it was a 9.6 sold in 2008, on comiclink. It went higher than the Boston copy.

Do you happen to remember where the Boston copy sold? I've never even seen a scan of it. I'd love to find one.

(worship)

That's an insane total that's not repeatable because it occurred during that time period when those two rich guys were bidding everything top-census or near it into the stratosphere. I luckily picked up my copy right before 9.6 copies went up exponentially after 2005. Seems like 9.2 copies have gone down since 2005, which is a good thing, and the same is likely to happen for 9.6 copies as well. Exponential price increases never last if supply continues to increase, and available copies in 9.6 have about doubled over the last 5-7 years.

ff55.jpg