• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

13,879 posts in this topic

WOW! Nice books all...CONGRATS drummy on the 17...beauty! :applause: CONGRATS Bob on the 23! Veranize! :headbang: CONGRATS to everyone else who won something...

picked up a nice 37 9.0 to fill the hole...tried to steal the 9.0 FF 50 at $909 and was snaked on extended bidding at $925...still a great price for a nice OWW copy...

Those 10288s are nice...

t

The Mass copy sold for $3500 last fall

The Massachusetts FF #31 is the most overgraded 9.4 I've personally ever seen; it has four color-breaking 1/4" spine dings hugely visible on the black areas. I'd shake my head at four 1/8" breaks, but they're closer to 1/4"--it's just insanity. :ohnoez: The book has been sold and re-sold about 4-5 times over the last 6-8 years. The fact that Marnin let it go when he held most of the other Massachusetts FFs says a lot about it.

I passed on that book when it sold for $1000 when Bob Storms liquidated it with the rest of his FF collection back in 2003/2004 and I'd pass at that same price again--looks no better than a 9.0 to me.

This week I finally picked up a nice copy of FF #2 and finished my FF run. I now own the entire run in 8.0 or better with the exception of my #1 being CGC 7.0 and my #3 being a restored 9.4. I'll keep upgrading, but I'm planning to mostly hold off on that until I pick up a nice Amazing Fantasy 15. Since I won't be buying many FFs until I get the AF15, I also went ahead and did what I'd been avoiding for years--I posted my FF run into the CGC Registry, there's a link to it in my sig line. I'll put scans up at some point as well, although if you're good at reverse-engineering scan addresses from book pictures I post they've been available for public viewing on the web for most of the last decade.

Glad to finally have the #2 out of the way! I'd been stymied in getting it for the last three years. :pullhair:

ff2.jpg

This week I finally picked up a nice copy of FF #2 and finished my FF run. I now own the entire run in 8.0 or better with the exception of my #1 being CGC 7.0 and my #3 being a restored 9.4. I'll keep upgrading, but I'm planning to mostly hold off on that until I pick up a nice Amazing Fantasy 15. Since I won't be buying many FFs until I get the AF15, I also went ahead and did what I'd been avoiding for years--I posted my FF run into the CGC Registry, there's a link to it in my sig line. I'll put scans up at some point as well, although if you're good at reverse-engineering scan addresses from book pictures I post they've been available for public viewing on the web for most of the last decade.

Glad to finally have the #2 out of the way! I'd been stymied in getting it for the last three years. :pullhair:

ff2.jpg

I've seen alot of #2s over the years, including 9.4s, and this one BLOWS them all away!! Perfectly centered.

Congrats ff ! (worship)

Amazing book, and congratulations on you completion. As I just restarted this month what I began 25 years ago, and should never have abandoned, I can see this taking me perhaps up to ten years to complete. And that is with the lofty goal of 7.0 or better (barring 1 & 5)...

Congratulations! :D

Edited by furystorm

Amazing book, and congratulations on you completion. As I just restarted this month what I began 25 years ago, and should never have abandoned, I can see this taking me perhaps up to ten years to complete. And that is with the lofty goal of 7.0 or better (barring 1 & 5)...

Congratulations! :D

THANKS!

I started collecting them in high grade in 2000...so yea, a decade is just about right! (thumbs u

I've seen alot of #2s over the years, including 9.4s, and this one BLOWS them all away!! Perfectly centered.

Congrats ff ! (worship)

Yea the QP and PQ are nice, but it doesn't look undergraded. I count a number of color-breaking spine nicks. I can't tell exactly how many from that scan, could be anywhere from three to eight, although if it's as many as eight it looks as if most are tiny at about 1/32".

Congrats Rudd, awesome collection. I remember you showing me your personal website several years ago, and it's crazy how far your collection has come.

Congrats Rudd, awesome collection. I remember you showing me your personal website several years ago, and it's crazy how far your collection has come.

THANKS! If they'd just legalize marijuana, I think it'd actually come long even faster. :wishluck:

THANKS! If they'd just legalize marijuana, I think it'd actually come long even faster. :wishluck:

Live in California :whistle:

ff2.jpg

ff, do you have a link to your Registry books? I cannot locate them and would love the view the set.

- B

ff2.jpg

CONGRATS ff!! :applause: Very jealous... :frustrated:

ff2.jpg

CONGRATS ff!! :applause: Very jealous... :frustrated:

Me too. Very pretty book! Congrats. (thumbs u

My two latest pickups...the 31 from my buddy kevinm...and the 37 from the CC auction... :headbang:

FANTASTICFOUR31CGC90OWW.jpg

fan1_8891a.jpg

Now need just 3 books to complete my FF 20-55 run in 9.0+... :wishluck:

Edited by trmoore54