• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

13,871 posts in this topic

My two latest pickups...the 31 from my buddy kevinm

FF 31 is one of the hardest in the 1-50 run to find in high grade, and in the 20 to 50 range, it may be the very hardest one to find. It's also usually miswrapped with the front wrapping to the back; yours is amazingly well-centered. VERY nice copy there indeed. (thumbs u

FF 31 is one of the hardest in the 1-50 run to find in high grade, and in the 20 to 50 range, it may be the very hardest one to find. It's also usually miswrapped with the front wrapping to the back; yours is amazingly well-centered. VERY nice copy there indeed. (thumbs u

THX James! I've been jonesing for a nice 9.0 for some time now...had a very nice 8.5 from jimjum as a placeholder copy...the last one I saw on the boards about a year and half ago Bob/namisgr beat me to it by about 5 minutes... :frustrated:

I've been bugging Bob off and on via PM to sell me that copy...it got to the point where he wouldn't even answer me... :insane:lol

THX James! I've been jonesing for a nice 9.0 for some time now...had a very nice 8.5 from jimjum as a placeholder copy...the last one I saw on the boards about a year and half ago Bob/namisgr beat me to it by about 5 minutes... :frustrated:

I've been bugging Bob off and on via PM to sell me that copy...it got to the point where he wouldn't even answer me... :insane:lol

:blush:

Congrats on the new purchases!

THX Bob! I love you Man! My collection can't hold a candle to yours and many others here on the boards but I believe you know I LOVE the books/the hobby/the pursuit/the art/the stories/the genre/the whole thing Man! And very much appreciate the association... :headbang:

THX Bob! I love you Man! My collection can't hold a candle to yours and many others here on the boards but I believe you know I LOVE the books/the hobby/the pursuit/the art/the stories/the genre/the whole thing Man! And very much appreciate the association... :headbang:

A true collector. :golfclap:

— Rick

Very cool stuff! But I think the numbers for #3 are off...that issue should be higher on the scarcity list, I think.

This helps me target which issues should be next (although the pre-10 issues I definitely go below 9.0).

Dan

Very cool stuff! But I think the numbers for #3 are off...that issue should be higher on the scarcity list, I think.

This helps me target which issues should be next (although the pre-10 issues I definitely go below 9.0).

Dan

I fixed it Dan...I had an error on the #3...it is rightfully 2nd scarcest...

I posted a similar Top 100 scarcest ASM in HG per CGC Census awhile back so thought I'd provide similar rankings for FF...I only went 9.4 deep in the ASM thread as they are relatively many more submissions/numbers ASM vs FF...so I went 9.0 deep for the FF and just the top 55...

Blue label grade only...no PLODs or Qualifieds...

Couldn't figure out how to format the excel sheet into here so I just made a jpeg out of it... :insane:

FF1-55.jpg

Edited by trmoore54

And the bottom of the rung...is...#48 (warehouse find doh! )

The other warehouse find type numbers, whether they are warehouse finds or not are 41, 52, 46 and 44...

55 has a high submission rate due to its obvious popularity and iconic cover status...

The Top 10 are 25 total or less...and the 30 or less list goes 16 deep capped off by the difficult issue 31...

Tough dark covers like 37 prove out with only 13 copies in 9.0...

A little surprised by the numbers for issue 14 which has always seemed pretty common to me...29 and 34 as well...

These just came back from the Frank & Son show courtesy of Chandler and Sharon at Desert Wind Comics:

Fantastic Four #2 CGC 3.0 Signed by Stan Lee

FF2CGC30SS-1.jpg

Fantastic Four #42 CGC 8.0 Signed by Stan Lee (Highest SS)

Originally purchased from Shark

FF42CGC80SS.jpg

Fantastic Four #44 CGC 9.0 Signed by Stan Lee (tied with one other for highest SS)

Originally purchased from trmoore54

FF44CGC90SS.jpg

Fantastic Four #47 CGC 7.5 Signed by Stan Lee (Highest SS)

FF47CGC75SS.jpg

I also picked these up this up during the last ComicLink Auction:

Fantastic Four #26 CGC 5.0

FF26CGC50-012.jpg

Fantastic Four #32 CGC 8.0

FF32CGC80-002.jpg

Fantastic Four #47 CGC 8.5

FF47CGC85-014.jpg

Lonetree -- Wow -- nice books! You have quite a haul there.

Tom -- Stats are very helpful as Iook ahead. I'll be searching more closely for the rarer issues and making some choices based on this info...

Dan

Was that the 9.0 I had? I thought I had sold it to Bob, but I can't remember...it was a bad time period for me

Added two new books to my 1-100 run before I really try to emphasize the 1-25 part of this endeavor. The 48, I picked up off of eBay and while I didn't have the intention of having any place holders, there are a few things I don't love about the book. With my satisfaction for the 7.0's I already have, I thought this would be the same, but something is lacking, and there is a small bit of pencil writing on the back too.

Well, anyway here you go, 2 more bringing me to a whopping 6 total graded...

48 in 7.0, already talked about it enough.

5577407493_dcee7fbff8.jpg

74 in 9.0 which I'm really happy with and some of you may recognize because it has kicked around the board a bit. Now it is home to stay.

5577994404_47fb623a7e.jpg

Edited by furystorm

Added two new books to my 1-100 run before I really try to emphasize the 1-25 part of this endeavor. The 48, I picked up off of eBay and while I didn't have the intention of having any place holders, there are a few things I don't love about the book. With my satisfaction for the 7.0's I already have, I thought this would be the same, but something is lacking, and there is a small bit of pencil writing on the back too.

Well, anyway here you go, 2 more bringing me to a whopping 6 total graded...

48 in 7.0, already talked about it enough.

5577407493_dcee7fbff8.jpg

74 in 9.0 which I'm really happy with and some of you may recognize because it has kicked around the board a bit. Now it is home to stay.

5577994404_47fb623a7e.jpg

That's my old 74...CONGRATS Andrew! :applause:

I haven't been real busy with comics lately. (shrug)

Work comes first. :cry:

...and everyone seems to be placing higher bids than mine . :pullhair:

My only purchase.. lately.

ff5cgc5.5.jpg

FREAKIN Beautiful 5.5! :headbang: And how appropriate to have a 5 in 5-5! :insane: