• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

13,966 posts in this topic

I got this one from my LCS about a month or so ago but just got around to scanning it. A REAL nice copy with insane colors and gloss. If it wasnt for that little chip at the top it would be crazy nice. Hopefully, i'll get off my lazy butt and get it sent in to be slabbed in the next couple weeks.

ff18.jpg

I got this one from my LCS about a month or so ago but just got around to scanning it. A REAL nice copy with insane colors and gloss. If it wasnt for that little chip at the top it would be crazy nice. Hopefully, i'll get off my lazy butt and get it sent in to be slabbed in the next couple weeks.

ff18.jpg

.....the first "rocky" Thing, courtesy of George Roussos :cloud9: .....when you get tired of that copy, LMK..........GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Cool! I didn't even realize that this was the 1st "rocky" thing. I've been reading the 1st 15 issues in the FF Essential and MAN was he goofy looking in those early issues!!!

After i get it slabbed, maybe i'll shoot you a PM depending on the grade. I was planning on keeping it but you never know. I figure it's in the 8.5ish range but we'll see what CGC has to say about it :wishluck:

....he was only "rocky" on the cover.....Roussos didn't start inking interiors until # 21. Stan often had inkers do a cover or two before they were given interiors....Stone did the cover to 27, but didn't do an interior until 28. GOD BLESS...

Thanks guys, definitely a keeper! :)

It looks more like a sell-it-to-fantastic_four-er to me... :whistle:

GREAT book, hope you do keep it. :applause:

.....the current Clink auction is FF lover's paradise....curious to see where the 9.4 16 and the 9.6 28 end up. GOD BLESS...

.....the current Clink auction is FF lover's paradise....curious to see where the 9.4 16 and the 9.6 28 end up. GOD BLESS...

Wow, you're right, hadn't noticed, LOTS of books in grades you sometimes don't see for 5-10 years up for sale. A CGC 9.6 copy of #28 sold on Pedigree in 2009 for $16K, I think to the rich guy gobbling everything at that time up, I expect this one to go for MUCH less than that...guess we'll find out!

This is the first 9.6 copy of #29 that's ever been offered for public sale, that one will be interesting. I'm not sure a #25 has come up for sale in 9.6 either, I definitely can't remember one.

There's lots of wonderful FFs out there right now at auction, with Comiclink at the forefront. Heritage also has a late Silver run of 9.8's (56, 57, 59, 63, etc.) that look spectacular, and Comicconnect's upcoming auction has the Sucha News books that have graded out mostly 9.4 to 9.8 -- Brian (Foolkiller) says the collection is gorgeous.

Suffice to say I'm not in the market for the great (expensive) stuff, but I do have my eye on about four books. Good luck to all trying to put together their collection,

Dan