• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,714 posts in this topic

Yes, he sold it raw and had it pegged as a VF+ if I remember correctly. Great book!

Dan

....if not for two tears on the back cover it would be a 9.2.... GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Just added this scan to my photobucket albums... and wanted to see what it looks like here.

This one should get a "classic cover" designation from CGC. I'd even argue it's Jack Kirby's signature FF cover.

It's amazing how hot this one has become in recent months. CGC 8.0 copies are going for over a grand! That's higher than issue 48 sells for. Glad to have already picked up this 9.0 when I did... ten years ago.

ff45_zpsbd4db0fd.jpg

It’s an original composition, and it has enough impact, but I don’t believe it could be ranked among the best ones in the #1-100 run… personally I prefer the more conventional but more striking #46, while I agree on the unusual quality when it comes to #48 vs #49, for which I always favor #48. :)

I am glad you were able to pick up such an high grade copy (the current prices are fairly crazy, anyway). My #45 is fine but I still miss a decent #48… :sorry:

Quick question from an ignorant in pedigrees: how did they determine it was the pedigree copy when Billy submitted it? Did Jim have a certificate or something? Just curious… :)

jimbo still had all the provenance documentation, and it went with the book to sarasota.

Here is the original sales listing for the Pacific Coast FF Silver Age run to issue #55, first brought to market in May and June of 1999. The 'OO' stands for 'original owner' (the collection wasn't referred to as the 'Pacific Coast' yet). The listing also has the numerical grades (on the 100 point scale) and the page quality designations (with 1.0 being the whitest, and 4.5 being cream to off-white).

PCFFlist.jpg