• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,712 posts in this topic

More than double GPA average of the last 2 years...which shows a decline from $882 to $675... :whistle:

Just noticed that a 48 in 9.0 sold for $2564 in Nov 2014...90 day average $1798 (3 books) and $1511 average last 12 months...

Is this issue being pulled along by the contrails of issues 45 and 52's recent upswing? I hadn't checked prices for this issue as of late and thought it was still in the $1200 range...

I went back and checked and see that I paid $871 for this book on November 30, 2010... :headbang:

Probably just another "improvable" copy in 9.0 that someone wants to press.

Less cynically, perhaps it's a super fresh copy with perfect centering and dark inks, which is rare on a #48...or maybe it just looks like those Marvel Art Review books in the Comiclink auction?

Dan

a little upgrade on one of my very fave issues.

ff11-1.jpg

..... Nice copy of one of the best issues in the run..... now if I could just figure out exactly what you're doing in that slab's reflection...... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Which one......? The Impossible Man is great but I'll always have a soft spot for the one on "A Visit with the Fantastic Four"...... the kid in the foreground looks exactly like my pal Richard when he was a kid...... GOD BLESS....

Edited by jimjum12

I really LOVED that back story ("A Visit with the Fantastic Four") ever since they reprinted it in the FF Treasury comic in 1976...used to own the Kirby splash page to it as well back in the early 2000's, but then sold it (to my regret) about five years later.

Dan

I never get tired of that issue..... and to think Stan said that issue received more hate mail than any of the other early issues.... GOD BLESS....

..... I got my first copy from Rogofsky..... a VF for $ 6.50...... and I had NO idea what the cover even looked like. To say I was blown away is an understatement........

Re-reading issues 51-60 right now in my Marvel Masterworks Volume 6 copy I received from Dr. X for 2nd place in his Coin Amount Contest. Just a FANTASTIC read...and don't forget the introduction of KLAW in issue 53!

Awesome story arc! :headbang:

I really LOVED that back story ("A Visit with the Fantastic Four") ever since they reprinted it in the FF Treasury comic in 1976...used to own the Kirby splash page to it as well back in the early 2000's, but then sold it (to my regret) about five years later.

Dan

We’re four then! :)

You mean you owned the original art? :o