• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,740 posts in this topic

Is anybody aware of a resource to identify the 1st pressing of Fantastic Four #1? I'd love to start shopping for one at cons but want to make sure I'm not getting a reprint.

Not sure what you mean. Pressings, using the word properly, are just subsequent prints in the same print run (an example are the two different versions of Iron Man #15 or the FF #52 with the ink glitch in a plate, while a portion of the run does not have it). You must be referring to early reprint like the Golden Record, if so that is easy to spot as there are differences on the cover. :)

Is anybody aware of a resource to identify the 1st pressing of Fantastic Four #1? I'd love to start shopping for one at cons but want to make sure I'm not getting a reprint.

Not sure what you mean. Pressings, using the word properly, are just subsequent prints in the same print run (an example are the two different versions of Iron Man #15 or the FF #52 with the ink glitch in a plate, while a portion of the run does not have it). You must be referring to early reprint like the Golden Record, if so that is easy to spot as there are differences on the cover. :)

I was talking about reprints for sure. I'm considering a big buy of Fantastic Four 1 and want to be educated before I pick one up. I want to understand how to buy one that hasn't been retouched etc....

assuming you are buying a slabbed copy, you should have nothing to worry about. If unslabbed, restoration can be hard to detect, especially if you are still getting your feet wet in this hobby.

Maybe I'll just wait for one to show up here on somebody with good rep.