• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,744 posts in this topic

I just acquired a nice FF run 118-188, plus Giant Size 3-6 and King Size Special #10. Any keys in this run? Not any that jump out at me. Thanks.

Well, #150 is the marriage of Crystal and Quicksilver – not a key but an important story, before they messed up with the characters (mostly Quicksilver).

Also, the Luke Cage issues are nice for a Cage fan, and the issues in the #170-180 range are all (or most) top, top stories. :)

You gotta love Thundra, Tigra and the Impossible Man becoming occasional characters in the cast, especially in the very dramatic storyline where the Brute… (I will not spoil this).

Great books!

I love this run of the FF. While there is certainly an adjustment after Kirby and Lee, there is lots of great art and stories. Other than 129 - first appearance of Thundra - not that that's a big key - nothing really sticks out that hasn't been mentioned already but who knows.. things seem to change on a whim these days.

The picture frames alone are well worth the price of admission.

That’s the point – the adjustment in my opinion takes place in the issues between 102 and 125 or so… After that, things "kick back into high gear" (is that the way to say this in english? lol ). The first apperance of Thundra is a big key to me, because I love her, and Tigra, and the Impossible Man… :)

As KirbyJack said for his ones, these were the first stories I have read, when I was 9-10 years old, and surely I do not love them just thanks to nostalgia (I rarely do), but because they are great stories, as I have been able to see re-reading them.

I still remember that final panel where the Frightful Four are waiting for the FF within their headquarters, and take them captives in the Baxter Building. Roy Thomas at its finest. :cloud9:

Tasty!

My copy was purchased as a VF+.

I was so pumped that I couldn't wait to page thru it again, and I TAPE SNAGGED IT while walking to my truck!

and that's how I learned that lesson.

well, better it was a 24 rather than a 2 or a 4!